Can you eat at the Oasis Grill without being a Poly guest?

nat8199

DIS Veteran
We were thinking about checking out the Poly one day next trip and love the idea of eating out at the Oasis Grill, but we are staying at the YC.

Is it possible to eat there without being a Poly guest?

Unsure of the exact rule, but oasis pool is gated and you have to tap your band to get in the gate. You can't get in if you aren't staying there. DH and kids were walking around while I checked in and couldn't get in either pool until we had our room assigned.

The pool area is locked, but I don't think you would have any difficulty just following someone in. Once you are inside they would not be checking. But I suppose that yes, you should officially be a guest to be in the area.

Boo. I was hoping it was like Hurricane Hannahs and you could eat there without entering the gate.

The pool area is locked, but I don't think you would have any difficulty just following someone in. Once you are inside they would not be checking. But I suppose that yes, you should officially be a guest to be in the area.
And that's advising someone to break the rules which you shouldn't do. The Grill is for guests of the resort.

The other pool bar has an "outside" area, beyond the gate. Oasis does not. It is exclusive to Poly guests. And, at that, slow as molasses.

The Oasis pool is no longer controlled by magic bands. There is just a latch that you pull up on to get into the pool area.

If you want to enjoy the atmosphere of the area, Capt. Cooks has an outdoor area nearby that has much of the same feel and anyone can order there.

This is against DIS rules if you want to continue to participate here.

Thanks everyone! I was hoping it was like HH at YC, and am sad that it is not. I did not realize that capt cooks had outdoor seating, and that sounds like it might be our best choice if we want to relax outside at the Poly.

DH is gunning for eating at contempo cafe because he really likes their flat breads, so we might end up there.

I just wanted to know what our options are for a monorail hopping counter service so that we can make a game-day decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter