Can you do Chankanaab excursions on your own

DIScruisers4

Mouseketeer
My family is cruising the Western this January. We were planning to go to Chankanaab in Cozumel on our own. We are trying to stay flexible, but may want to do things like the dolphin and/or the sea lion swim if possible. Do we need to book these types of things beforehand, or can we simply sign up (get in line?) to do them once we arrive at the park? If we have to book them in advance, does anyone have info on who to book with, other than through Disney?

You can definately do this on your own. The Dolphin swim you have to do on your own, Disney does not offer this. It is an experience of a lifetime, and I highly recommend it. You book directly with www.dolphindiscovery.com. You need to pay at the time of booking, and we had no problem. We booked about 2 months before, but we cut it close, and my sister could not get a reservation about a week after us. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Robin ºOº

We booked our dolphin swim with Dolphindiscovery.com. We booked the 2 p.m. swim so it allowed us plenty of time to explore. We got off the ship as soon as it was allowed and grabbed a taxi over to the park. We had time to walk all around the park, we saw the sea lion show and had time to snorkel before our swim with the dolphins.
The dolphin swim is limited to 8 people per group, so if this is something you really want to do (I highly recommend it) I would say book early.

Judy:jester:

I did the sea lion swim when hubby and I cabbed over there on our own. I wasn't even planning on doing it, but I was able to book it that day so I went ahead. It was really neat...only me, one other woman, and a dad with two kids. Be sure to bring a camera because the photos they sell are WAY overpriced (the video was reasonable).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks everyone for the helpful info. Now I just have to stop looking at the calendar wishing it were January already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter