Can you do a parent swap with a FastPass?

rebecca314

Mouseketeer
I didn't get to do the grown-up rides last time. I think the kids could handle it to wait for a swap - can we get a FastPass for each parent and do our switches in that line?

I'm not sure how it works on all the different FP rides, but we did Space Mtn. last Sep. with a swap, and the CM at the FP entrance is the one that gave us the swap ticket, and then when DW came off - that's where I entered the line. We got to each take 2 others will us, so our boys ended being able to go 2x!

I could be wrong, but I have a faint recollection of the CM at RockNRoller telling us you couldn't do it with a fastpass, only standby.

I (& DS 11) went to the fastpass line for our swap at RNR, no one said a thing......??

Yes, you can. I think we have always used the Fastpasses in combination with Child Swap. (Standby was 2 hours at Test Track last visit. No way was one parent going to watch the kids for that long while the other waited in line! :scared1:)

We have definitely used them together for: Space Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn, Expedition Everest, Test Track, Soarin. I'm not positive about others, but would be surprised if the rules were different.

ETA: In case you didn't know, you also do not need to wait RIGHT at the ride for the first parent to come out. You can take the children to another ride, to get a snack, to change diapers... ;)

Yep, I always do a Fastpass childswap combo! This way we kinda "double up" on Fastpasses. We get three fastpasses for one ride, and three for another, and kidswap on them.

Yep, I always do a Fastpass childswap combo! This way we kinda "double up" on Fastpasses. We get three fastpasses for one ride, and three for another, and kidswap on them.

So, do you mean you get 3 fastpasses (one for each of you - mom, dad, child), then when you go to ride you ride dad & child with 1 fastpass, parent swap, then ride mom and child.? I don't understand, why do you need 3 fastpasses?
I've never been to DW, just trying to understand. We will be there in 17 days:banana: and will be using both fastpasses and parentswap.

Please explain - I'm clueless:sad2:

So, do you mean you get 3 fastpasses (one for each of you - mom, dad, child), then when you go to ride you ride dad & child with 1 fastpass, parent swap, then ride mom and child.? I don't understand, why do you need 3 fastpasses?
I've never been to DW, just trying to understand. We will be there in 17 days:banana: and will be using both fastpasses and parentswap.

Please explain - I'm clueless:sad2:
Sorry, should have elaborated on our family!
So, like last trip, there were 6 of us, plus my 2 year old...
So, I got Fastpasses with the tickets of me and my two (that are riding) then on to another attraction and use Mom and niece and nephews tickets to obtain 3 more fastpasses.
When the first window arrives, group one rides, gets childswap so when we get off, group two rides. Same for the next attraction.
It works well until your second group gets over 3, that is the max allowed on one childswap.

do you get regular fast passes or are there special babyswap ones?? So if the parent w/ the baby doesnt want to wait at the ride do they have to wait in the fast pass line all over again? Can they just wait till parent 1 gets off then just get on? there seems to be alot of confusion about this topic

do you get regular fast passes or are there special babyswap ones?? So if the parent w/ the baby doesnt want to wait at the ride do they have to wait in the fast pass line all over again? Can they just wait till parent 1 gets off then just get on? there seems to be alot of confusion about this topic

When the parent without the non-rider gets in line (whether the Fastpass or the standby) they ask the CM there at the line for a childsawp ticket. It looks like a fastpass, but says "child swap pass" and the name of the attraction. If I can find one, I'll post a scan!

Here's how the whole thing works. It's the same no matter how you wait in line (fast pass or stand by)

bring your whole party to the Fast pass return entrance. Ask the CM for a parentswap pass. If you are going stand by, the ppl that are going to wait get in the stand by line. If you have a fast pass, the ppl would are going go through the fast pass return line.
The parent waiting on the swap, takes the kids and either waits there (for fast pass users) or does something else (if the stand by is going to be a while and the waiting child(ren) aren't going to be happy just ppl watching or napping).
Once the parent and children who rode come off the ride, the other parent has the choice to go right away onto the ride w/ 2 other ppl (same ones who rode or other ppl) or wait until later or wait until the next day. A lot of the parent swap passes are good for long than 1 day. Most of the ones we had were good for up to 2weeks later, one was even good for a month.

Getting the most mileage out of your fastpasses and parentswap passes works like this:

Parent 1 ~ gets fastpass for ride A and gets parentswap pass for ride A
Parent 2 ~ gets fastpass for ride B and gets parentswap pass for ride B
Child 1 ~ gets fast pass for ride A
Child 2 ~ gets fast pass for ride A
Child 3 ~ gets fast pass for ride B
Child 4 ~ gets fast pass for ride B

All the ride A fastpass holders go on ride A, then Parent 2 takes the swap pass and takes all the fast pass holders of ride B.

Then the fast pass holders of ride B go on ride B, then Parent 1 takes the swap pass and takes the 2 other children on ride B.

No one sits out in this scenario. Works slightly differently when babies sit out.

YMMV on whether you have to drag everyone up to the CM to get the parent swap pass. We never did at Soarin and got parent swap passes very easily. Test Track was pretty strict about seeing your whole party.

It actually says Rider Switch (attraction name). This pass is good for up to (3) guest. and some other little things. It is only good for that attraction and is used the same way as a fastpass. So therefor you do not need a fastpass for the person that is going to be going on second. (Which is what I see a lot.)

iheartdisney - Trying to explain that to people really doesn't seem to really click with a lot of people. But I did that when I got some friends in the park that had a 1yr old. Got FP for Dinosaur and Everest.

We actually did this alot last week when we were at WDW... It worked out GREAT!!! Especially for our 8 year old who got to ride each ride 2x.. Just make sure that your entire party is with you though when you get your kid swap ticket....

::MickeyMo DH :MinnieMo ME :cheer2: DD8 :dumbo: DS3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter