Can you buy APs and Disney Dollars in Canada??

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
Hello again,

Has anyone bought their AP at the Disney store here? Or Disney dollars for that matter? And if anyone has done that, is it cheaper to buy them here or more?

I'm going to start to buy a bit of US cash every week on the sly to save up for this summer and stash it away...that's kind of like Disney dollars for me I guess. ;)

Thanks

Beth :bounce: :bounce:

:wave2: HI! I callled our local Disney Store (Moncton, NB) about Disney dollars since I thought this would be an awesome way for my DS to earn some money for his trip but I was told that they don't sell Disney Dollars only gift certificates! They didn't even have Disney autograph books but she told me just to buy some Disney ones at Wal-Mart since they are a lot cheaper there but are the same thing! I am buying a bit of US dough with each paycheck. I find you don't even notice gone buy doling it out bit by bit. Just check your exchange daily online before you buy so you can get the best deal;)

You get can an AP voucher at the Disney Stores. They usually don't keep them in the stores, so you'll have to order them. I think they take about 2 weeks to come in. Just keep an eye on the exchange rate, it may actually be cheaper to buy them in the US. That's what I did last May before TDS lowered their ticket prices :)

You can buy the AP's but alas no Disney Dollars it would be nice if you could get them here but I guess it is to much hassle with the exchange rate etc to try and figure out on a daily basis.

Thanks for the replies. Here's anohter question...can you activate your AP here? I'm guessing not. My TA told me that I should buy them in the airport in Orlando. Do you think it would be cheaper or more to buy it here or in Orlando? I guess it would depend on the exchange rate...

Thanks

Beth :hyper:

Even if you could, you wouldn't want to activate it here. The clock starts ticking on your AP once it's activated. So if you're not going for another two months you will waste two months of the pass if you activate it before you go.

As far as cost, do the math. According to several web sites, an annual pass is currently sellling for US$403.64. The exchange rate right now is around $0.74. If you bought one at current exchange rates, that would be the equivalent of roughly Cdn$545. So if you can buy it for less than $545 at TDS here, get it here. If it's more than that, get it down there (or order directly from CRO).

A word of warning should you buy your APs at an airport shop in Orlando. This is taken from Deb Wills' AllEarsNet web site...

On October 2, 2000 Disney changed their policy on Annual Passports. Any AP purchased at WDW, the Disney shops at Orlando International Airport, or from the Ocala Information Center now receives an activated pass, not a voucher. This pass will expire one year from the date of purchase, not the previous one year from first use. The date of expiration is clearly printed with the words "Expires on" on the AP itself.

Originally posted by tinkerbeth
Thanks for the replies. Here's anohter question...can you activate your AP here? I'm guessing not. My TA told me that I should buy them in the airport in Orlando. Do you think it would be cheaper or more to buy it here or in Orlando? I guess it would depend on the exchange rate...

Thanks

Beth :hyper:

Nope, you can't activate your AP here.

One thing to keep in mind is that the AP you purchase at MCO is an activated AP, not a voucher. So if you weren't going to the parks for a couple of days, you might not want to purchase an AP there.

Last year, it was cheaper to purchase the passes at MCO because of the exchange rate and the Disney Store hadn't adjusted their prices yet. Just make sure you keep an eye on the exchange rate :)

I went to the ones in Scarborough Town Centre and Fairview Mall, neither of them sell AP anymore.

And with the dollar having dropped over the past couple of days (thank you, Nortel :sad2: ) I think that price would come out cheaper than buying them in Orlando at prevailing exchange rates.

- Mike

Originally posted by FatCow
I went to the ones in Scarborough Town Centre and Fairview Mall, neither of them sell AP anymore.

Really? I can't speak for Scarborough Town but that's fine with me if Fairview doesn't sell them anymore. They messed up my AP order last year :rolleyes:

(thank you, Nortel :sad2: )

I have a couple of co-workers really crying over this one. They spent all of Wednesday/Thursday glued to the TV watching the ticker... not good for me either since I have to order a couple of things from US companies today :(

When I talked to the Disney Store in Winnipeg, they told me that DisneyQuest wasn't included in the PAP. The one you buy through Disneyworld.com does include DisneyQuest. I haven't checked into anymore yet, but it's something to watch for. I asked the lady again, saying that the US passes included it, and she looked it up. It said NO DisneyQuest. She maybe had old information, but you should check, just to make sure you aren't getting some old tickets or something.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter