Can you book time share resorts like a hotel room?

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
When I do a search for Orlando area hotels, I often get links to time shares. Can these resorts be rented like a hotel room?I am NOT interested in buying or in listening to a sales pitch.

I have booked both the Hilton and Westgate as hotel rooms with no timeshare presentation.l

Hi,

You can definitely book timeshare properties , like a hotel. We recently booked at Vistana Resort through www.HotelmartUSA.com and received the fifth night free. They have a promotion until the end of the year for the 5th night free. My brother recently stayed there through the same deal and had a great time with no timeshare tour or gimmicks . We are very much looking forward to our stay.

When renting a time share, does the price include daily maid service? We stayed at my B-I-Ls time share last year...I don't want to have to ever take out garbage, clean a bathroom, or make a bed on vacation!

Some include cleaning, some do not. We stayed at Vistana Villages last year in a two bedroom for $130 per night. That included daily cleaning, but we booked through Starwood.

We had stayed at the same resort the year before but rented from an owner and cleaning was not included.

This year we are staying at Wyndham Palms and cleaning is an additional fee, which varies by room size (and resort), and we will probably have the condo cleaned twice in the eight days we are there and take out our own trash the other days.

I guess it depends on the resort and how you book it.

If you book it at a weekly rate, then there's no daily housekeeping. That's the timeshare set-up - already clean when you arrive, self-maintained during your stay.

If you book it at a nightly rate, through the resort company, it should include daily housekeeping. Verify this when you reserve. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter