Can you book MYW package w/multiple resort stays?

DizWacko

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. Interested in doing honeymoon in October, and want to split stay between 2 resorts (eg - 4 nights BC and 5 nights Poly or similar). Can you book this with a MYW package (tickets and dining included)?

Can I even complicate this further by adding an AP discount (if there is availability of room inventory of course) ?

Many thanks in advance
:teeth:

DizWacko said:
Hello everyone. Interested in doing honeymoon in October, and want to split stay between 2 resorts (eg - 4 nights BC and 5 nights Poly or similar). Can you book this with a MYW package (tickets and dining included)?
You need to make 2 separate reservations, each would need to have at least 1 days worth of tickets if you wanted to add dining plan to each.

Can I even complicate this further by adding an AP discount (if there is availability of room inventory of course) ?
AP discounts and the MYW Dining plan are mutually exclusive - however, you can get the DDE (Disney Dining Experience) if you have an AP.

ILoveWDW2003 said:
You need to make 2 separate reservations, each would need to have at least 1 days worth of tickets if you wanted to add dining plan to each.

AP discounts and the MYW Dining plan are mutually exclusive - however, you can get the DDE (Disney Dining Experience) if you have an AP.

That stinks huh? So I have to pay much more for park tix (2 - 4day park tickets are more expensive than 1 - 8 day park ticket) .. Im better off just buying tickets from the website separate from resort ressies I suppose?

You don't have to have a ticket for each day of each reservation. If you have an 8 day stay, you can buy a 7 day ticket on the first one and a one day on the second one. You can even get the package with one day tickets on each one if you had unused leftover tickets from other visits that you wanted to use up.

DizWacko said:
Im better off just buying tickets from the website separate from resort ressies I suppose?
Then you can't add the dining option, as you then have a room-only ressie.....

it may behoove you to play w/the numbers to find out which comes out in your favor... we had our hearts set on doing the dining 'til we realized that our room would be more costly and offset the savings of the dining... if you are already or planning to become an ap holder, you could also consider the $50 dde card which saves 20% off meals (and DRINKS! for some that's a big plus!)

I had to book to stays - room only for our upcoming trip, it was no big deal, I just ordered my 10 day park hoppers seperately. It would be nice if Disney could find away around it though - so many people like to split their stay at more than one resort.

We couldn't do this either. We are staying POP 3nights with dining pkg. and 7day park tickets. We are then moving over to the POLY 3nights and since we couldn't do the dining package we decided to try concierge :Pinkbounc

UGH! I had this same exact issue. I booked my honeymoon for the first week of October. We wanted the first night at the CR and the remaining 5 nights at the BC. I looked at booking the MYW pkg through AAA so we could get the dining option added. Long story short, it confused the heck out of both Disney and AAA because I was splitting the stay. After much discussion, they finally figured out how to do it but it cost WAY way WAAAAYYYYYYY more than it would to book the rooms and tix and airfare seperately. So I booked everything seperately (got a roomonly AAA rate) and saved big money.

The problem was that by only staying one night at the CR, it meant that that entire night would not be included in the pkg...no dining option, no park tix. Phooey! It may be different for you since you are doing 4/5 nights at each. But only one night just confused them all!

My parents were able to book the whole thing through Dreams Unlimited. Our first 3 days are at AKL with a 9 day hopper plus and dining. The next 3 days at BWI room only and the last 3 at POFQ room only. The last 6 days of our trip were booked as room only since the dining and MYW tix were included with the AKL res.

tiff13 said:
My parents were able to book the whole thing through Dreams Unlimited. Our first 3 days are at AKL with a 9 day hopper plus and dining. The next 3 days at BWI room only and the last 3 at POFQ room only. The last 6 days of our trip were booked as room only since the dining and MYW tix were included with the AKL res.

I would have your parents double-check with DU - MYW dining is supposed to be tied to the number of package nights. If you also have room only reservations, you won't be able to use the dining after midnight on the day you check-out of AKL.

If your parents have something in writing from DU that they were able to do this, that would be great, but everything I've seen says the dining is strictly tied to package nights. Your MYW tickets would be good for the 14 days.

It's better to make sure what you've stated is true instead of getting to WDW and finding out differently. I just don't want your family to think you're getting something you're not. Hope this helps! :wizard:

I'll double check but our DU agent did say it would be no problem for us to add the dining to the package. Although we have 8 nights that we'll actually be there, we booked the 9th night just to keep the room past 11:00 am as we have a late flight home. Maybe she's booking it all seperately? We were under the impression that this is a package deal. :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter