Can we upgrade tickets before we go?

Klayfish

DIS Veteran
So tomorrow our 30 day window (we stay off site) opens up to start picking FP+. We're so excited!!! This past weekend, DW and I spent an entire 45 minutes mapping out and planning our entre 2+ week trip!!! It was exhausting...all that planning...thankfully we had a cup of coffee to help us through it. :P :teeth: Anyhow, we bought 7 day tickets from UT, as that gave us the best value off gate prices. As soon as we get there, we're going right to Guest Services and upgrading to APs.

With the tickets we have now, we can only make 7 days worth of FP+. Would it be possible for me to "upgrade" our tickets today to a 10 day, so I could make 10 days worth of FP+ before we get there? Then when we get to WDW, we still upgrade to APs, but we wouldn't lose our 10 days of FP+ selections. I browsed WDW website and didn't see anywhere for me to upgrade the ticket, but wasn't sure if it's at all possible?

I am not sure what is possible with UT passes. Since it is more of a certificate at the moment, I am not sure it could be upgraded through Disney until it is activated. You could check with UT to see if they can upgrade it. I am an AP holder and it is limited to 7-days as well. I am not concerned because we will get all of our rides in with the 7-days. As extra days open up with the AP, we will simply get what is available.

It's not a certificate. We have the actual hard WDW tickets in our hands. Maybe we got them through ParkSavers, or whatever it's called, frankly I forget. Either way, we have WDW plastic tickets.

I agree with what you're saying, FP+ typically aren't hard to get. But still, if I can get an extra 3 days of earlier picks, why not...especially for our chances of getting things like 7DMT, FEA and the new Pandora stuff. It won't cost me anything to upgrade because ultimately we're getting APs, so we'll pay the same price when all is said and done.

1. we bought 7 day tickets from UT, as that gave us the best value off gate prices. As soon as we get there, we're going right to Guest Services and upgrading to APs.

2. Would it be possible for me to "upgrade" our tickets today to a 10 day, so I could make 10 days worth of FP+ before we get there?

1. When did you buy these UT or ParkSavers or ?? tickets?
2. Sorry, but no.

Thanks Robo. We bought them about 4-6 weeks ago. I just forget off the top of my head who we bought them through. I looked at both UT and PS and went with the one that had the biggest discount off gate prices.

Oh well, not a big deal if we can't upgrade, won't hurt anything. Just figured I'd ask. I have the tickets linked to MDE account, so we're all set there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter