Can we talk about TIPFLATION for a minute?

It sounds exhausting to me and I'm in the US. I do most of my shopping in MA and CT, both of them only have the state sales tax. No additional sales tax at any lower level. Groceries are tax exempt. Clothing is tax exempt in MA (up to a certain price, to differentiate between normal and luxury clothing).
Yeah it can be a lot but I suppose I'm just so used to it, but I can really sympathize with people not even used to the concept of differing tax rates or at least such a variety to them.

The grocery reduction here I find confusing as it exempts a lot. Like hot food is not a lower tax rate, prepared food not a lower tax rate so it's a win and yet not. I don't pay a huge huge amount to the actual tax when I'm out and about but I just had receipts in the kitchen from those places that I listed to references. Our state sales tax is 6.5% then you add on all the other tax rates. The grocery reduction is only on the state portion so you're always going to be paying something unless a city and county opts to remove those (I *think* there was some discussion of one city near me thinking about that but who knows).

Buffets: I know I'm a couple of pages late here, but wanted to throw in my own $0.02:

I worked at one for several years in the early 2000's. During training, I was told standard tip was $1/person, and that messy kids would either be double or $0. That proved to be pretty true. This wasn't stated anywhere for the customers to see, but maybe it was common knowledge in the Midwest that I was oblivious to prior to working there? Now that we're ~20 years later, I tend to leave $2/person & round up ($5/2 people, $10/3-4 people, etc) except at Disney because special rules exist there & money doesn't matter. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter