• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we get a rental car DELIVERED to the resort?

Tinker*Shell*Bell

DIS Veteran
I know about the car care center and getting picked up at the hotel to go get a car is an option...but do any of the companies offer car delivery? It would be great to not waste an hour getting a car.

This would be the only way to talk hubby into a Limo from the airport...he insists that we *need* a car for the week...I disagree, but some things are not worth arguing about.

Thanks!
:) Sheli

I know about the car care center and getting picked up at the hotel to go get a car is an option...but do any of the companies offer car delivery? It would be great to not waste an hour getting a car.

This would be the only way to talk hubby into a Limo from the airport...he insists that we *need* a car for the week...I disagree, but some things are not worth arguing about.

Thanks!
:) Sheli

No, I don't know of any car delivery services....but really, tell DH that you will pay a fee to have the rental car sit at the Resort while you are all running around the Parks. I think it is about $12.00 per day! If you are there a week = $84.00 just to have the car sit there.....!

Not sure which resort you are going to but we to ME to the resort free of charge and got picked up and for the few days we needed to rent a car.

We rented a car two seperate days and rented it for the day only. Paid a little in taxes but saved the two days of rental fees we wouldn't have used it.

Anything is possible. You can ask and I'm sure rental firm will do if not to get your business then for a fee.
The hotel you will be staying at may have rentals on site.

No, I don't know of any car delivery services....but really, tell DH that you will pay a fee to have the rental car sit at the Resort while you are all running around the Parks. I think it is about $12.00 per day! If you are there a week = $84.00 just to have the car sit there.....!

Parking is free for resort guests. They give you a windshield tag when you check in.
We always rent a car - I think the convenience to be able to run to Publix when we need to, drive to an early morning ADR instead of stressing over the bus, and not having to leave the resort extra-early to allow for ME time is worth the price.

Parking is free for resort guests. They give you a windshield tag when you check in.
We always rent a car - I think the convenience to be able to run to Publix when we need to, drive to an early morning ADR instead of stressing over the bus, and not having to leave the resort extra-early to allow for ME time is worth the price.

What was I thinking....??? Maybe Universal??? I remember once flying into Tampa and driving my family using my parents car to the World or US and we had a parking fee every day we had the car at the Resort.....hmmm!!! :confused3

The WDW resorts don't, currently, charge for guest parking. The three Universal resorts, Swan/Dolphin and SoG do charge for parking.

Unless you paid for valet parking at a deluxe.

i see you're staying at the GF.
we don't use the CCC rental (not fans of waiting for shuttles). our SOP :rolleyes: is: use ME to the resort (love not dealing with luggage), & rent a car from alamo or national at the dolphin (we norm stay at the BWVs so a short walk). from the GF, you would take a bus to DHS, & a ferry to the dolphin.....very easy:thumbsup2 . make sure to book in advance, as we always see ppl trying to get a car same day, & being turned away:guilty: .
another option (which we've used when staying at SSR), is renting from dollar at the regal sun (used to be the grosvenor), directly across from the marketplace (take bus to DTD, walk across the street).

we use the car mostly for dining at other resorts, DTD (the only place where we find the bus system inconvenient), & grocery/outlet shopping.

hth
laurie :)

use ME to the resort (love not dealing with luggage), & rent a car from alamo or national at the dolphin (we norm stay at the BWVs so a short walk).
we use the car mostly for dining at other resorts, DTD (the only place where we find the bus system inconvenient), & grocery/outlet shopping.

We're going for 8 days, so I was thinking of doing the same thing - taking ME to the resort so they can deal with the luggage, using the buses our first day, then picking up the car the next day at the dolphin (we plan to go to Epcot day 2 so it would work out perfectly)

So just this morning, I priced a rental from both the Dolphin or the WDW car center thing (or whatever its called), chopping an entire day off my rental to a week instead of 8 days, and not having to pay the airport fee, and the price was HIGHER than renting at the airport for the full 8 days.

Somebody figure that one out for me. :headache:

So just this morning, I priced a rental from both the Dolphin or the WDW car center thing (or whatever its called), chopping an entire day off my rental to a week instead of 8 days, and not having to pay the airport fee, and the price was HIGHER than renting at the airport for the full 8 days.

Somebody figure that one out for me. :headache:

Code availability :confused3 larger places like the airport have more rentals slots for the codes given out when somebody like me ties up a few of them trying to make up his mind they don't show up for others but once they are released they should come back online. Just keep checking. Got a 12 pax van changed from 130 a day to 65 a day doing just that.

We are renting a car at the airport, we will be going to Universal for 2 days first then heading over to Boardwalk, my husband likes the idea of having a car. But if you rent from Alamo or National you can return it to the Dolphin hotel which works out great for us. I don't know where you are staying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter