Can we get a hotel room on the fly?

sjc011

Earning My Ears
Orlando's getting cold! While my husband and I are going to be camping at Fort Wilderness, we're not sure we're up for sleeping in 40 degree weather. If it gets too cold, can we find a hotel room (either at the World or in Orlando proper) that afternoon/evening? Thanks!

It depends on if there's anything available. I'm guessing it's within the next few weeks, which means it's probably likely that something somewhere will be open. It may take you a bit to track it down though.

Thanks, Rain! Yeah, my honeymoon is next week, and I guess I just don't want to freeze! XD

If you are camping and it gets that cold, go up to the Front Desk of Fort Wilderness. They will assist in checking for any avaliablity at Disney resorts. They can call the individual resorts to see who has rooms. The main problem next week is the Disney Princess Half-Marathon. It will be from Feb 22-24. So most rooms (especially) value and moderate will be filled for the weekend. But if it is weather related, the Front Desk will try to help.

By the way, we are due to go back to high 70s tomorrow. Yeah!!

For a last minute room, the price is rack rate (unless there is an on-going promotion that you can take advantage of same day -- which requires you to call CRO and book through them before they close for the day). I learned all this the hard way -- and paid rack rate at GF as a result.

Kisseemmee has hundreds of rooms available most of the time. If you have internet access, check Travelocity or your favorite travel site. We decided to add a day at the last minute, went online and found POP for 49 bucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter