Can we discuss the lack of DVC resorts available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldilocks07

A rockin' mom and her sweet princess
Apologies if this is in the wrong spot to post-
I am a single mom of one. I only need a studio, and I'm not particular in view or location. I just looked to book something before the end of the year, and there wasn't a single studio available on any weekend at ANY resort through end of JANUARY. This is making me question both renewing my annual pass and maybe even start thinking about selling my DVC membership. It's just so disappointing.
*I also want to point out, that there wan't even a single day open in the entire months. Like, not even a random day. AT ALL.
Boardwalk is gray (booked) completely through the end of March. ONE DAY open at the end of March on a Thursday. (Yes I know that BW is one of the most popular but just picked that one as an example). Most are grayed out through the end of January with maybe a day or two open in that month. I mean, there's nothing, in any month, on any day. Until February. And even that is spotty.

This is incredibly disappointing and infuriating. Disney sells SO MANY memberships, yet is unable to provide rooms for guests. I understand people book in advance, and I've been a member since 2007, so I get the way things work- but I have always been able to get a room somewhere. Nothing available until February? NOTHING?

I just needed to vent. I am really struggling in my life and situation right now, and Disney World is the last bit of happiness I get to fully enjoy.
I am hoping others on here have some insight with reservations? Experiences?

Thanks for listening (or reading).

I can understand nothing in Dec. But it seems odd for the rest. Did you try again? I know last week I was looking and was getting something weird saying zero points for a stay. And if you looked at the chart there was nothing like 12 points a night , 14 points a night. Just everything was blank.

ETA....I just checked and saw a few days right on Christmas weekend. But did see some time in Jan too. Check again.

Last edited:
Sorry you are disappointed. FWIW, if you do not book at least 7 months in advance, the last 4 months of the year have been difficult to book for as long as I can remember. That's been especially true for studios.

If you keep checking and use waitlists, you will probably be able to get something. Good luck!

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot to post-
I am a single mom of one. I only need a studio, and I'm not particular in view or location. I just looked to book something before the end of the year, and there wasn't a single studio available on any weekend at ANY resort through end of JANUARY. This is making me question both renewing my annual pass and maybe even start thinking about selling my DVC membership. It's just so disappointing.
*I also want to point out, that there wan't even a single day open in the entire months. Like, not even a random day. AT ALL.
Boardwalk is gray (booked) completely through the end of March. ONE DAY open at the end of March on a Thursday. (Yes I know that BW is one of the most popular but just picked that one as an example). Most are grayed out through the end of January with maybe a day or two open in that month. I mean, there's nothing, in any month, on any day. Until February. And even that is spotty.

This is incredibly disappointing and infuriating. Disney sells SO MANY memberships, yet is unable to provide rooms for guests. I understand people book in advance, and I've been a member since 2007, so I get the way things work- but I have always been able to get a room somewhere. Nothing available until February? NOTHING?

I just needed to vent. I am really struggling in my life and situation right now, and Disney World is the last bit of happiness I get to fully enjoy.
I am hoping others on here have some insight with reservations? Experiences?

Thanks for listening (or reading).
Fall Frenzy is a difficult time to book. Studios are the most popular. And you are well inside the 7-month window for booking non-home resorts. Add to that the return of international visitors who have a ton of points to burn because DVC extended their expiration dates. So, all those factors combined explain why this fall/winter is so bad. Of course, that doesn't help you right now and I understand your frustration. It should be better next year as members burn through their excess points and the points charts for fall get adjusted upwards to even out demand throughout the year.

Unfortunately, that is the busiest time of the year for DVC and many rooms book up solid quickly.

Things have definitely changed with booking trips 4 to 5 months out especially for studios.

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling. That really sucks. I hope that you are able to find some availability to allow you fully enjoy your happy place. Don't give up looking!

Sorry you are disappointed. FWIW, if you do not book at least 7 months in advance, the last 4 months of the year have been difficult to book for as long as I can remember. That's been especially true for studios.

If you keep checking and use waitlists, you will probably be able to get something. Good luck!

I feel like you use to be at least able to grab rooms at SSR or OKW last minute. Things are definitely tighter now than they've been in a long time. Still lots of pent up demand and banked COVID points I guess.

I feel like you use to be at least able to grab rooms at SSR or OKW last minute. Things are definitely tighter now than they've been in a long time. Still lots of pent up demand and banked COVID points I guess.
Exactly. At the very least I could scoop up a rez at either of these resorts. There's nothing. :(

I can understand nothing in Dec. But it seems odd for the rest. Did you try again? I know last week I was looking and was getting something weird saying zero points for a stay. And if you looked at the chart there was nothing like 12 points a night , 14 points a night. Just everything was blank.

ETA....I just checked and saw a few days right on Christmas weekend. But did see some time in Jan too. Check again.
Hi, yes I try every day. And I'm waitlisted at 2 resorts, but come to think about it I can't remember which 2- I did it several weeks ago.

I've never seen the calendar so BLANK. Crazy.

Hi, yes I try every day. And I'm waitlisted at 2 resorts, but come to think about it I can't remember which 2- I did it several weeks ago.

I've never seen the calendar so BLANK. Crazy.
You can see your waitlists in your member dashboard.

I would keep checking back though because January shouldn't be too difficult to get a reservation in.

Just keep checking, I have noticed about a month out people will drop some reservations before the 30 day mark.

Just stalk - 3 weeks out I got 2 nights @ SSR Preferred then 3 nights VGF DS - could not get the last 2 nights but that is what S&D is for ....

The waitlist does come through. I just got BOARDWALK VIEW. Waitlist Poly or Kidani savanna.

Inventory changes all the time. Stalking works!

I decided to visit next month and was able to grab 5 nights in a Poly studio, 1 night at bay lake tower and 1 night at the Beach Club. Not the ideal split stay, changing hotels 3 times in one week, but I was happily surprised I could find rooms I did want. I spent almost 5 days stalking the website, I passed on 4 days at bay lake tower, lots of availability at VGF and Saratoga... In summary, things do pop up. I noticed the most availability appearing different times of the day, but closer to the 30 day mark. Don't give up! I'm sure you'll grab a studio for a couple of nights. Sending lots of pixie dust your way... pixiedust:pixiedust:

I decided to visit next month and was able to grab 5 nights in a Poly studio, 1 night at bay lake tower and 1 night at the Beach Club. Not the ideal split stay, changing hotels 3 times in one week, but I was happily surprised I could find rooms I did want. I spent almost 5 days stalking the website, I passed on 4 days at bay lake tower, lots of availability at VGF and Saratoga... In summary, things do pop up. I noticed the most availability appearing different times of the day, but closer to the 30 day mark. Don't give up! I'm sure you'll grab a studio for a couple of nights. Sending lots of pixie dust your way... pixiedust:pixiedust:
This is reassuring! I’d like to go within the next few months. I’ll keep trying! Thank you!

Until the end of the year, I wouldn't expect anything at all. It's way to short notice to squeeze into fall and Christmas madness.

Looking at January studios only. Riv has 5 nights, okw 9, Saratoga 44 (including a 15 day consecutive), kidani 14, poly 4, blt 3, bc 2, vgf 8, jambo 13, bw 2, copper 4, boulder 1. That's a total of at least 109 various studios across a 31 day months. Honestly more than I expected at this point.

I didn't check for just weekends, but Saratoga definitely had them in that 15 day stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter