Can we bring our own toilet paper?

Red71

Mouseketeer
Oh wow I'm so embarrassed to ask this question, but we really want to know.

Can we bring our own fluffy soft T.P. so we don't have to use the single ply tin rough T.P on board? :blush: We don't want to clug up the plumbing :blush: An before anyone asks , Yes we do bring our own T.P. when we go to the resorts at WDW, or any other vacation.:blush:

they probably use special TP for the septic system- but who knows? :confused3
first time i have ever seen this question posted....
no offense intended but thanks i really needed a laugh today:rotfl:

We bought TP in Key West as the kids counldn't take the rough stuff any longer- and they asked the past couple of days if we were going to pack our own for next month.

Oh great! Something else to pack. Is the stuff on board really that bad?

I believe it's the same toilet paper as in the Disney resorts. It seems the same. Similar to Scotts.

Does anyone like the flushable toilet paper wipes?

Tina :)
Mexican Riviera 5/28/05

Wow. I don't even know what to say....I suppose you could bring your own? But if everyone did that on the ship I could only imagine what septic problems they would have.

We bring the flushable wet butt wipes when we go on vacations.

I would check with DCL on this one. Marine toilets are picky systems. I know if anything plugs up the system it can go down and it won't just be one stateroom. That is why there is a warning sign above the toilets. Our system on our boat is a Vacuflush style by Sealand and we have a special paper we have to use. It doesn't clog the system. I can only imagine what a soft Charmin style tissue would do to the system, toilets would get plugged because Charmin tissue does not dissolve fast. Kathy

In lurking on this board for 4 years, I can definitely write with confidence that your question was the one and only on this topic..... :hourglass

Well actually I thought this was a very good question. For my family, I pack our Wipes/Soap and even our Pillows and many other things. My DH and DD are picky when it comes to certain things - Toilet paper is one of them.

:rolleyes1 ;)

That reminds me, on our recent 11/27/04 cruise there was one morning that the toilets would not flush for about an hour. I wonder if the problem was something simliar? I totally forgot about it until reading this thread.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: TOO FUNNY YOU PEOPLE! Maybe it's because we are "outdoors", Oregon mountain folks.....but we would wipe with tree leaves if that's what they offered on the Disney Cruise....no questions asked! We are just so darn excited to go.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

I know....how about we find a good use for those yummy "Uncrustables" they serve as PB & J's and all use those to wipe with? THEY HAVE GOT TO BE SUPER SOFT! And, surely they willl degrade in the sewer system....heck! They go through people's bodies don't they? :cool1: :cool1:

DIS NUSRE from Oregon :earsgirl:

dzneprincess said:
That reminds me, on our recent 11/27/04 cruise there was one morning that the toilets would not flush for about an hour. I wonder if the problem was something simliar? I totally forgot about it until reading this thread.

Were you in port that day?
We had that happen on our last cruise, the toilets wouldnt work one morning(of course right after DH used it :rolleyes: ). We embarrasingly asked about it thinking just ours was clogged and we were told that sometimes while in port the toilets stop working. By the time we got back on board after our day at CC, it was all clear. ;)

I'm with DIS Nurse, we Oregonians can make do with a handful of leaves just fine. :banana: :rotfl2:

Yes, since we will be cruising with Oregonians I will have to remember that. ;) :)

CamColt said:
Were you in port that day?
We had that happen on our last cruise, the toilets wouldnt work one morning(of course right after DH used it :rolleyes: ). We embarrasingly asked about it thinking just ours was clogged and we were told that sometimes while in port the toilets stop working. By the time we got back on board after our day at CC, it was all clear. ;)
I cant remember now! LOL But it was the same for us. One of the kids had just used theirs ( they were across the hall) they told me it didnt work so I tried mine also.

Our DF is trying to cut costs and save room in the luggage whenever we can so I guess we'll make do TP leaves or whatever we get in the room. No fancy TP or butt wipes for this crew.

:rotfl2: :confused3 :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter