• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Can someone rank most popular rides for me......which do first and so forth?

edk35

DIS Veteran
Okay my 15 year old son and hubby will be going to Universal on Jan. 29th. Their plan is to go to both US and IOA and hit the popular and thrill rides. Could someone list the rides in order of how they should ride them. Should they go to IOA first and then US? Since they are going to both parks they want to make sure they use their time well. thanks

not sure which ones you would call thrill rides unless you are talking about only coasters. believe it or not, all the rides and attractions thrill me.
the coasters are always an added plus!

i do the hulk when it first opens so i can see and feel the mist on the first drop at the bottom.

then i do dr doom.

since i have the fotl, i don't rush to do the coasters first. i do my favorites and then repeat some of the coasters.

if they are only doing both parks on the one day, i would start at IOA and be at the line to enter 30 minutes before the official opening time.
it is not uncommon for the guests to be let in early before 9:00.

spend all of the morning at IOA and then go over to the studios side around 11:30 for the rest of the park day.

if you want the highlights by what i do:

hulk, dr doom, spiderman, pt flyers, jurassic river ride, dueling dragons twice, mystic fountain to sit and watch others there, seuss land to finish up my quick day there.
at this point, it would be about 11ish and i go over to the studios side.
simpsons, mummy, mib, jaws, shrek, jimmy neutron, horror make up show, and then the attraction shows or left out rides such as ET, T2, etc.

i'm not much help am i..........:laughing:

if you are not familiar with the parks, go to universalorlando.com and pull up the interactive maps of the parks.

it will show you the layout and an explanation of the rides and attractions.
this might help you in finding which are the thrill rides you think the son and husband would enjoy the most.

Well maybe I should edit it and say MOST popular then. I mean they want to do as much as possible....so I want them to hit the more popular ones first to avoid long wait times I guess. I can go back and edit.

most popular would be:

IOA
Hulk
Dueling Dragons
Spiderman
Jurassic River Ride
Dr Doom by my standards...:laughing:
Seuss Trolley ride
Cat in the Hat
Both water rides/ popeye and bluto barges and dudley do right

Studios
MIB
Mummy
Jaws
Simpsons
T2 its part movie, part live actors show, not a ride
Shrek
ET
Jimmy Neutron if you like the nick cartoons

i know i am forgetting a few of them.
if you have time, some of the shows at both parks are worth seeing.
since you only have one day to do both parks, i didn't list the shows except for T2

you listed jan 29th as the day for universal.
that is a thursday and it shouldn't be crowded on a weekday.

do check the website for the interactive map.
it will show you the locations of the above rides.
i did not list them in order in each park.

go to ioa and ride hulk, spiderman, jurassic park and dueling dragons in that order. these are what i consider the thrill rides. then high tail it over to us, and ride mummy, simpsons, mib, jimmy neutron. this will get you through all the thrill rides. their are shows and other rides in both parks that are quite exhilerating. twister, jaws, poseiden, beetlejuice, sindbad,t2...

go to ioa and ride hulk, spiderman, jurassic park and dueling dragons in that order. these are what i consider the thrill rides. then high tail it over to us, and ride mummy, simpsons, mib, jimmy neutron. this will get you through all the thrill rides. their are shows and other rides in both parks that are quite exhilerating. twister, jaws, poseiden, beetlejuice, sindbad,t2...
That's the order I would go with too. :thumbsup2

i see one of my favorite rides are not on your lists boys..........

dr doom.............
:laughing:

I agree with the order but The Mummy and Men in Black might be really jammed later on. Hang in there, they are worth it!

Thanks for the great thread. I am also attempting to do all the 'cool' stuff in one day. And I just realized "one" day = 9am-6pm! That's not much time. :)

Thanks for the great thread. I am also attempting to do all the 'cool' stuff in one day. And I just realized "one" day = 9am-6pm! That's not much time. :)

Entertaine the thought of express passes for that day.You will get too see alot more in less time:thumbsup2 ..

alright, alright, alright, get in dr. doom.

7.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter