Can someone help me with SWA travel funds question?

WDW4us2006

DIS Veteran
I am sure this has been asked and answered a bazillion times on this board, but can't seem to find the answer here or on the SWA website. I have a ticketless travel fund that is going to expire in October, I am traveling in March.....what is their policy about extending it (it that's even possible), and is it true it is no longer transferrable to a family member? Also, can someone direct me to the actual place on the SWA site where I can get this information?

Thanks!!

Usually they will extend it for 6 months for a $50 fee per ticket. No transfers. I don't believe they have this information on the website- they will tell you it is a courtesy, not an official policy. I was told that I'd have to wait until the ticket actually expired before they would apply the 6 mo. extension.

yes, you can pay to extend the expiration date of your travel funds. I believe the cost is $50 and, at least when I did this a few years ago, you must call within a week prior to expiration. They won't do it before then or after it expires. The credit also cannot be transferred. The person whose name is on the credit must use it.

Usually they will extend it for 6 months for a $50 fee per ticket. No transfers. I don't believe they have this information on the website- they will tell you it is a courtesy, not an official policy. I was told that I'd have to wait until the ticket actually expired before they would apply the 6 mo. extension.

this is my understanding too

**price increased to $75.00 ... earlier this year ... 2012**

:rolleyes1

I was doing a little bit of research about this myself because DH and I each have a rather large credit that we're not going to be able to use before it expires (we had to cancel a trip to the West coast so we have our whole fare as a credit right now).

In addition to the increase in the fee to extend (now $75) mentioned above, I read elsewhere that the credit is issue as a "Luv Voucher" and those vouchers can be applied to tickets for people other than the orginal names on the tickets :confused3. I'm wonder if any SWA experts can confirm if that second part is true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter