Can someone familiar with SkyAuction help me please??

DISFANSHAN

DIS Veteran
There is an auction going right now (#1023036) for Summer Bay for 7 nights, 2BR suite for $4.00. Am I reading that correctly? So saying noone else bids on this, then the current high bidder wins and only pays 4.00???!!!???????!!!!! Or is it a matter of hoping they accept your bid? It really seems too good to be true, and having recently been burned by something that actually was too good to be true (not travel-related) I'm VERY skeptical. I just can't get over their rates and how they make any money. I know the tax is additional (in this case it is $195) but still, 7 nights in a 2BR villa at a nice resort for $199.00 is unbelievable.
I would appreciate any input from anyone who has won an auction.

Thanks!

bid bid bid ....at $4.00 if no one goes against you, you will win it. Yes, you have the $195 fee then there will be a $15 doc fee. Go for it! I use them & have never had a problem. Just make sure of the dates of availability.

Well, yes, but I highly doubt that the bid will stay there...........it's over 20 hours to go. The last hour there is usually a lot of action.

and I hope you are not going in Aug. because there is an additional $300 fee.

Good luck, I love SA!

Thanks guys. I was just using that auction as an example. We are going in October. So if it says for example, check in now through December 1, 2005, then I am guaranteed that they will have my week available? Then what do I use to check in at the hotel?

I am really hoping to get the Vistana, if I choose to go the SkyAuction route!

Any more input would be appreciated!

Yes, I pid $1 in Dec. on a l br unit at Cypress Pointe and won that auction, so it can be done. Other on this board have had similar experiences.

herc.

We just returned from a stay at Summer Bay and it was our first experience staying there and using Skyauction. We were thrilled with how well it all worked out.

After my auction ended I received an email from Skyauction confirming it and asking me to select my dates. I did it immediately and shortly after I received a confirmation and a RCI voucher confirming everything..(dates, location, size of unit, etc.) The email tells you to bring the voucher with you at check-in. Summer Bay already had us in their system so the person at the front desk didn't even read it or keep it.

I believe there are several options if your week is not available. The sooner you pick your dates the better off you are. SB is a fairly good size resort with lots of rooms so there's a chance they would upgrade you to a condo, which are bigger than the villas listed on SA, or they will try and place you at another resort if you wish. If you absolutely can't be accomodated they do not charge you for your auction. That's my understanding from talking to them and other posts but I'm sure others can confirm or correct.

I wouldn't worry about availability at this stage. Focus on picking the best auction that fits your needs and getting it at the best price. The last hour of bidding is the most active. Remember to add in the $195 and $15 to the final cost and you should be all set.

God luck.

yes - you are correct. See why so many of us love skyauction.

one of the few ways to stay in a timeshares for less than the annual fee that the owners pay.

:cool1: Like everyone has said, "It can be done!"

We just bid and won a 2 BDR Villa at Summer Bay for $16. I've already confirmed my dates and paid. WHOO-HOO!!

If you're patient enough you can get a great deal!

I was just looking at skyauction do they only have 7 day trips? I have found one that I have used a few times and never had a problem with it. We just used it for a hotel 2 weeks age. It is ibidusa. We like it for the deal on the other attractions. (dinner)

the good deals on the timeshares are generally for 7 days.

they also have hotels and other timeshares for a daily basis - the daily fee is $32 a day. So you add that to your bid.

some places are worth it - other aren't.

generally when I am looking for a hotel - I use www.priceline.com

FYI- I won an auction for a week last October at Vistana, I could only go a specific week as we were attending something. The week was listed as available in the auction but by the time I won it was not, so I ended up forfeiting that auction and it went to the next highest bidder with no charge to me. I ended up with a week at HGVC Sea World instead, and a little cheaper.

I have also booked a cruise through skyauction, and I double booked because at the end of the transaction there was an error and it was not showing up in my auctions, so I booked again. Then they both showed up in my auctions. I immediately sent them an e-mail and called them the next morning. They were very helpful and had already read my e-mail and had only booked the 1 cruise.

I was on SkyAuction the other day to check for a friend and Summer Bay was at 1.00 with an hour to go. I did not get back to check it and I am sure it went for more than that but I have seen a bunch of Summer Bay and Silver Lake close to closing and not more than 10.00!! It is worth you while to bid and then go in at the last min and try and grab it. Do not bid too high. If it is at 1.00 put it up to 2.00. that way all you need to do at the end is just go in and be the last bidder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter