• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can someone explain quick silver from Alamo?

jmcross

One way to get tagged is to have a tag sale :)
I attached a qs number to our reservation today. Do I need to do the Save Time thing as well? Do I have to use a kiosk/counter or go straight to the lot? Where is the Lot at MCO?

Thanks!

I haven't done this yet at MCO. However this is my understanding. If you are the only driver then you don't need to do the Save Time thing. However as a quick silver member you usually get to add a 2nd driver for free on most reservations. If you are adding a second driver you may want to do the Save Time thing because then their information/driver's license will be in the system.

You can also check in online (just like you do for airline reservations) and when you get to MCO you can go straight to the lot, select a car from your reservation class and then show the attendant your reservation and driver's license with no waiting in line.

They also have a kiosk I believe at MCO and you can check-in at the kiosk as well. If you check in at the kiosk you do that and then head out to the lot.

We had an Alamo reservation in May, and used our QS number. I did not do the Save Time option, as my info was already attached. I was a little confused by the process as well, and decided to use the kiosk, which was relatively simple. It prints out a receipt, and you go out to the garage and choose your car.

I will say, the Alamo desk was a looong way from the escalator, it took forever to find it.:eek:

Thanks for your replies!

I'm glad it's not just me that is confused. I don't understand why if they have you in the Quick silver program that the save time and online check in options are visible. I called them and they told me to go directly to the lot. They don't make this process very easy. I'm going to be unhappy if I go to the lot and they direct me back to the desk/kiosk for check in.

Thanks for your replies!

I'm glad it's not just me that is confused. I don't understand why if they have you in the Quick silver program that the save time and online check in options are visible. I called them and they told me to go directly to the lot. They don't make this process very easy. I'm going to be unhappy if I go to the lot and they direct me back to the desk/kiosk for check in.

From what I've been told with QS you can go straight to the lot and use the QS kiosk out there and pick out your car and just show the booth your agreement and licenses.

I guess give us a update when you get done with your trip on how it actually works since it looks like you will be leaving in a week. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter