Can/should I upgrade my 3 day pass to 4 days?

Firepath

DIS Veteran
We currently have 3 day one park passes and planned on using them Thursday, Friday, Saturday after Memorial Day weekend. We arrive Wednesday midday and are staying off property. We just changed our first day to on property. So now I'm wondering if we should add a day to enter a park for the afternoon and evening of our arrival. It looks like that would add about $20 per ticket. I thought 3 days would be plenty but after seeing the recent crowd levels wonder if that extra 1/2 day would be worthwhile.

We currently have 3 day one park passes and planned on using them Thursday, Friday, Saturday after Memorial Day weekend. We arrive Wednesday midday and are staying off property. We just changed our first day to on property. So now I'm wondering if we should add a day to enter a park for the afternoon and evening of our arrival. It looks like that would add about $20 per ticket. I thought 3 days would be plenty but after seeing the recent crowd levels wonder if that extra 1/2 day would be worthwhile.

I'd definitely add that 1/2 day. Even if you just go in to walk around or see fireworks it's not very expensive and way more entertaining that sitting around your hotel for 6 hrs lol.

Absolutely! The price to go from a 3 day to a 4 day is negligible. We added a 4th day in April and only went to the parks in the morning before driving to San Diego. It was well worth it to have the extra time in the parks.

Definitely go for the extra half day. Wednesday could be the least busy day of your trip. Knock out the parade. If the fireworks are showing, see those. Anything you do on Wednesday will just make your next 3 days more relaxed.

Yes! You will definitely get more than $20 worth of entertainment (per ticket) for that partial day.

Thanks everyone, you sold me! So then, which is better for an afternoon/evening - DL or CA? DL is open until midnite and CA until 10pm. We are staying at the Grand if that makes a difference.

Thanks everyone, you sold me! So then, which is better for an afternoon/evening - DL or CA? DL is open until midnite and CA until 10pm. We are staying at the Grand if that makes a difference.
If fireworks are showing that night, definitely DL. You should always do them as early in your trip as possible in case they are canceled for wind. And I always prefer to spend a potentially lower crowd day at DL.

We almost always go for the half day on our arrival day. We drive, get up at 3:30 and leave by 4am. We arrive about 1pm, eat lunch, and enjoy the parks for a couple hours before we check in to the hotel (always off site). Then in the evening go back to the parks for Dinner & fun. It makes for a long day but it's worth it!

If it matters, I had your same question for our trip end of June months ago. Decided for the extra $20 each, we'll pay for the 4 day ticket over 3 day, just for that extra time to enjoy the little things our first evening.

Add it & do DL- that way you can do stuff till you drop! (UNLESS it's a grad nite. Don't do DL if it's a grad Nite!! Do DCA if that's the case.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter