Can Platinums Reserve for Others?

llcooljayce

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

We are very much looking forward to booking our Disney Wish sailing but we are only Gold members. We are planning on cruising with family friends that are Platinum. Questions is, is there any way for the Platinum member to reserve a room for our family?

I've heard we could mix rooms 2 from Platinum party + 1 from Gold party for Room 1 and 1 from Platinum party + 2 from Gold party for Room 2 and then you could switch up the room allocations at a later date. Is this possible? Are there fees involved?

Questions is, is there any way for the Platinum member to reserve a room for our family?
During the advanced booking time period, a Platinum CC member must be booked into any stateroom booked. Typically when people mix their party across staterooms to get CC status for each stateroom, they don't officially re-assign. Just get a new keycard at Guest Services once onboard. If you attempt to officially switch people around on the reservations, they will be subject to prevailing rates, and you can't change the lead name on a reservation which means the Platinum member who books the reservation must remain named on that stateroom.

Typically when people mix their party across staterooms to get CC status for each stateroom, they don't officially re-assign. Just get a new keycard at Guest Services once onboard.

The one caveat to this is if the staterooms are in different Muster Stations (and yes, even staterooms that are right next to each other can be in different zones as the line has to be drawn somewhere), you are expected to go to the Muster Station for the cabin to which you are assigned - so splitting families on reservations can mean in the event of an emergency families would be split.

The one caveat to this is if the staterooms are in different Muster Stations (and yes, even staterooms that are right next to each other can be in different zones as the line has to be drawn somewhere), you are expected to go to the Muster Station for the cabin to which you are assigned - so splitting families on reservations can mean in the event of an emergency families would be split.
Thanks for that detail. I've got my wife and I split on the HI cruise and wasn't aware of this.

Thanks for that detail. I've got my wife and I split on the HI cruise and wasn't aware of this.

Yep. If the staterooms are in the same zone, no problem - though you'll have to check in as your assigned room. But if they are different, you will be separated for Muster and in case of emergency.

Yep. If the staterooms are in the same zone, no problem - though you'll have to check in as your assigned room. But if they are different, you will be separated for Muster and in case of emergency.
Opposite sides of the ship (80XX & 85XX), so, yeah, we'll be separated. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter