Can OOP Items Be Charged to Room and Not Plan?

Disney1992

Mouseketeer
I am curious if you have charging privledges on your room key, is it possible to "pay out of pocket" for a table service breakfast or do all food items on the key get charged to the plan no matter what?

I am still debating as to whether or not to use the plan. We generally eat TS for both breakfast and dinner. Then share a CS meal during the day for lunch. As I've been going through menus, we'll either break even or save just a bit, using the plan for dinner, CS, and snacks. We tend to charge everything to the room and I would like to be able to apply my rewards card balance to our room charges towards the end of our vacation.

As I'm typing, I think I answered my own question. I can just charge the TS breakfast to the rewards card. I figured I would send the question to the list just in case anyone else was wondering about the same thing.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

you can charge for any OOP expenses with a meal that you use the plan or a whole meal if not using the DP that meal to your room key if you have charging privilages on you room key.

PoohHappens said:
you can charge for any OOP expenses with a meal that you use the plan or a whole meal if not using the DP that meal to your room key if you have charging privilages on you room key.

::yes:: We did it in August. Just tell your server that you want to pay out of pocket by charging it to your room. They even give you sep. receipts for those being charged to the DP and those to your roo (if you split the meals between the two). And if you want all of them charged to your room instead of to the DP, just tell them to charge it to your room (you actually have to tell them to charge it to the DP, too if that is the way you are going).

ok, want to make sure I have this right.

If friend wants to use a dining credit for TS meal, can I pay out of pocket for say just an appetizer and then split her meal with her, is this possible?

I'm thinking that often the serving sizes are so large it's more than we can each eat alone but maybe not *quite* enough to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter