• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can non-DVC member call for availability?

Tikihula

DIS Veteran
I'm not a DVC owner but hope to find points to rent at OKW or AKV in December. Can I call Disney to check on room availability? I'm not sure it would do any good even if I can, as those December ressies go so fast, but rather than ask a DVC owner to check, I was wondering if I could do it myself and then post a reservation wanted. Do I call DVC, or the resort itself, or CRO?
Thanks.

Non members have no access to the DVC reservation system or Member Services. Even if there are rooms available thru CRO (or priceline, Travelocity or any other online service), those rooms are not from the DVC inventory and would have no reference regarding availability using DVC points. That inventory is only accessible thru DVC Member Services.

If you see someone offering to make reservations thru the DVC Rent/Trade Board on this site who is not willing to call to check for availability, you might want to take that into consideration before contacting them about a reservation. Personally, I would consider that to be a "red flag" and would be cautious about dealing with someone unwilling to check for availability.

Only DVC members can check for availabilty at any resort using DVC points.

And, even after you get a DVC member to make a reservation for you, you still cannot call Member Services regarding your reservation. Only Members can talk to Member Services.

Are you interested in December 2007? If so, there is no time to lose! Availability for most December dates is already very limited -

December is very popular with DVC members and the 7 month window opened in May.

Thanks, everyone. I thought it strange that one post on the rental forum said they are not a travel agent and we'd have to call ourselves to check availability. Oh well....
Yes, we are looking for 5 nights at OKW or AKV studio (40 points) starting Dec 9th. I know it's a busy time and we are just hoping to get lucky. We (2 mature adults) rented points last year and fell love with OKW.
I've got a post on the rent boards and will keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks again for the responses.

I saw that post also and thought it was very strange because it was my understanding that you had to be a DVC member to find out any information from MS. I actually came to this forum to find out if something had changed and was going to post to ask. Maybe they are trying only to rent to another DVC member who can call. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...I'm in the same boat just different dates.

Thanks, everyone. I thought it strange that one post on the rental forum said they are not a travel agent and we'd have to call ourselves to check availability. Oh well....
Yes, we are looking for 5 nights at OKW or AKV studio (40 points) starting Dec 9th. I know it's a busy time and we are just hoping to get lucky. We (2 mature adults) rented points last year and fell love with OKW.
I've got a post on the rent boards and will keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks again for the responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter