Can I use Magical Express from POP back to MCO but not upon arrival?

Liz

Make a miracle!
We are renting a car and heading to the beach before going to WDW. But we could return our car once arriving at WDW if we could use Magical Express one way. Anyone know? We are flying Southwest.

Thanks!

We're staying at the BCV for 7 nights followd by a trip to Vero Beach.....do you think we could ride the Magical Express back to the airport in between trips to get our rental car? Just curious.

So, you have to book through DRC to use the service? If my room only is booked through DU but will have rental car coming over from the cape post cruise, turn in car, can I use ME for the trip back to the airport or not?

i would call and see if you can use Magic Express with Southwest airlines. i don't know if they are a participating airline yet...... this ME is a very new thing, so we all here don't really know too much about it and we can't go by experience till we start using it! good luck!

There are only certain airlines that will let you check in for the return trip. You can take your luggage on the bus but when you get to the airport you have to deal with it at the ticket counter or curbside check in. With the participating airlines you check in for your flight at the resort and they will handle the luggage from there.

safetymom said:
You can take your luggage on the bus but when you get to the airport you have to deal with it at the ticket counter or curbside check in.

still better (& cheaper) than other ways!!

That is what is different between flying on a participating airline and you not. With the participating airline you bypass the ticket counter because you would already have your boarding pass. All the airlines you would have to check in at the airport.

It's free so I am sure many folks will use the new Disney transportation.

safetymom said:
That is what is different between flying on a participating airline and you not. With the participating airline you bypass the ticket counter because you would already have your boarding pass. All the airlines you would have to check in at the airport.

It's free so I am sure many folks will use the new Disney transportation.

I agree....people visiting Disney are trying to save as much money as possible and will take advantage of the Magic Express--participating airline or not... (my DH was actually surprised last year when I told him we had to get from MCO to Disney ourselves....he thought Disney should have provided transportation for you!) For us, we fly Southwest-not yet participating, so, it wouldn't make sense for us to pay more money (at least $100 is going rate) to fly just to have someone else check us in and take care of our bags....I'd happily do that myself to save money!! :teeth:

:wave2: I am interested in taking ME from MCO to BCV, (pretty soon our entire sentences will be in code) but am concerned about return trip to MCO when trip is over. We are flying Northwest, which, as of yet, is not a participating airline. It is not so much that we would have to deal with our own bags, but the amount of time that they want you to be ready to be picked up at the hotel. 2 1/2 hours prior to flight seems rather long. We used mears on our very first trip to WDW in 1999. At that time, we didn't seem to care, but now every minute in the world is precious. You know, once bitten by the Mickey bug, you never want your trips to end. My question is, can we only use ME from MCO to BCV and then either get a towncar service, or taxi back. Would ME be looking for us to return back to MCO? By the way, our flight out of MCO doesn't leave until 7:30 p.m. so we want to maximize that full last day.

TIA :wizard:

Let me try to make this as clear as possible for ALL familes visiting to WDW for vacation.

1. DME can only be taken if you are staying at a WDW owned and operated resort...the Downtown Disney and Swan and Dolphin are NOT included.

2. I know of NO airlines that has been excluded at this time (exception may be US Air).

3. if you are going to back to MCO and departing from a Disney owned and operated resort then the DME is open to you to use, and the same goes in reverse.

4. You must book your DME a minimum of 12 days prior to arrival (actually 10 but always leave a couple of days for any kind of a problem).

GOOD LUCK

The participating airlines will allow you to check in for your flight at the resort. They will handle your luggage. The airlines that are not participating means you need to check in curbside or the ticket counter with your luggage.

Disney is stopping no one from riding their new free transportation.

safetymom said:
The participating airlines will allow you to check in for your flight at the resort. They will handle your luggage. The airlines that are not participating means you need to check in curbside or the ticket counter with your luggage.

Disney is stopping no one from riding their new free transportation.

Folks the above is NOT true....Disney is limiting their MDE to WDW RESORTS ONLY. those are the owned and operated resorts of WDW not the hotels at Downtown Disney nor the Swan and Dolphin.....and for airlines participatring I know of NO airlines not being part of this becuase this has nothing to do with the airlines it is drirectly tied to the airport and FAA requirements...the only one that may have a problem is USAir and the chap 11 proceedings....Disney is sending specil bag tags that are scanned and then set aside from the normal delivery upon landing....this luggage is being handled by an independant contracting and trucking company cleared already by the FAA for such luggage handling.

You are correct it is for Disney resorts only. There is no more problem with USAir than any other airline at this time. Other airlines are also struggling with bankruptcy.

If your airline is participating when you go to leave your resort you will be able to check in for your return flight at the airport. When you get to the airport you can go right through security. Your bags are being taken care of. You have your boarding passes that you received at the resort.

If the airline is not participating then when you go to leave the resort you will take your suitcases on the bus with you. When you reach MCO you will have to take your luggage and proceed to curbside or ticket counter check in. Then you will receive your boarding passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter