• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I show you what I made last night?

I'd like to make a pair of Minnie's for DD4. I'd prefer the kind without laces (like deck shoes), but would try the lace up kind as well. Where could I get them for cheap, since I may mess up a pair or two before I get it right?

Those are great!!! I did almost the same but got plain white sneakers for my boys and printed on transfer paper and iron them in the shoes to match their outfit I made Nickelodeon characters and mickey, we were stop everywhere we went and people wanted to know "where I bought them!":rotfl: I used the little travel size iron to iron the transfer and put a lot of cardboard inside the shoe to make sure that I could applied pressure to the paper.
Linnette

Might I suggest making a website? I made cooling neckwraps in Disney prints for my family trip last year and after I had several requests that I make them for others, I had my DH make a website for me to make it easy!

f you create an order form then it's really easy to simplyhave theorders emailed to yourself in whatever format you choose! :goodvibes

Good luck with your venture! Once you sharpen your skills, it could be you stumble upon a good way to make a few extra bucks for Disney!

Just wanted to add that I got the white sneakers with and without laces (slip on kind) at the Family Dollar store (good for practice)

Fray Check works great for stopping ribbons from fraying. I used this a lot when my dd was little. I buy it at JoAnn Fabrics.
When my kids were young, I used to paint clothes. With the fabric painting, I would outline my designs after filling them in with paint. This gives you a sharper, more defined edge.
Good luck and have fun with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter