Can I pay for Dining Plan with Rewards/Gift Card?

MissyDVC

<font color=deeppink>Well, technically, you never
This will our first trip as DVC members. It our 15th Anniversary trip and will be staying at "home" in SSR. We are also booked for February '07 with the kiddies at VWL. I am considering getting the Dining Plan for both trips but wondered if we could use our Disney Rewards Card and Disney Gift Card we've been given to pay for the Dining Plan when we check-in? Also I have made a reservation at Alfredo's for our anniversary dinner and the Candlelight Processional already. If I add on the Dining Plan, can that be used on that meal? And do I have to call and say we are now on the Dining Plan? Thank you so much for any help :love: Have a wonderfully magical day :wizard:

There was another post on here not too long ago you may want to look for. You cannot use the gift cards at resort checkin for anything. Tour, meal plans, or rooms. Another DISer had a very upsetting experience expecting to use the card and then was not able to.

Thank you DISNEYDUET for suggesting I look for a past post on this subject. I am new to this forum and welcome any info. and help I can get! :thumbsup2 If anyone who reads this has recently done this and can give me confirmation that I can use my Disney Rewards Card at SSR check-in to pay for the Disney Dining Plan, I would greatly appreciate it! :cloud9:

Yes, you can use the Disney Rewards Card to play for the dining plan. We have done it twice without a problem. I also read that the Disney Gift Card cannot be used for the dining plan.

Jaime

also you must buy the dining plan 72 hrs before check in they are supposed to have computers updated so u might be able to use by then

MILLZ said:
also you must buy the dining plan 72 hrs before check in they are supposed to have computers updated so u might be able to use by then

Do you mean I need to call and pay for that 72 hours before I get there? I am renting points and we have the DDP on my reservations. I just thought I paid for it when I got there. Thanks for some answers. :)

MILLZ said:

I don't think this is right. I was told by MS that I would just pay for it when I checked in.

I would check on that when i went 2 weeks ago they made me pay for it 72 hrs before hand now i wasnt thru dvc i was thru regular disney vacations it might be diff but i would check on it

I used the dining plan in April and again for my upcoming trip in Dec. They told me I pay for it upon check-in. That was according to a DVC CM.

Mama2Matthew said:
Yes, you can use the Disney Rewards Card to play for the dining plan. We have done it twice without a problem. I also read that the Disney Gift Card cannot be used for the dining plan.

Jaime
You are right.Rewards card connected to Disney Visa-yes, The new gift cards-no. And yes, you pay for the plan when you check in. I have used the plan 3 times now this year and paid for it every time we checked in.

Found the post I was looking for- I don't know how to attach it here but it was on 10/15/06 by bsusanmb "Beware of the Disney Gift Card".

dwelty said:
I don't think this is right. I was told by MS that I would just pay for it when I checked in.

You pay for your dinning plan when you check in, but you have to order it 72 hours before check in. They will not sell it to you when you arrive.

1) You CAN use the Rewards Card for DDP or Resort Bills.
2) You CANNOT use the Gift Card for DDP or Resort bills.

This is good to know I have $200 in Gift Cards that I got from the recent DVC open house promotion. I guess I will use these for incidentals at the park. I assume that you can use Disney Dollars to pay for the dining plan.....I have several hundred??????

You can use DIsney Dollars to pay for the dining plan. I had exchanged dd for the gift cards and could not use them at check in. If I had kept the dd I would have been ok! Have a great trip! Only 30 days until I leave :cool1: !!

:confused3 A little off topic, I arrive tomorrow, can I call and pay for my dining plan for OKW today. Do you think the resort will take payment? I just would feel alot better if everything was squared away before I got there. Silly I know

isyt said:
You can use DIsney Dollars to pay for the dining plan. I had exchanged dd for the gift cards and could not use them at check in. If I had kept the dd I would have been ok! Have a great trip! Only 30 days until I leave :cool1: !!

Do you know if you can do the reverse and exchange Disney Gift Cards for Disney Dollars? Has anyone ever tried that route?

I would be interested to also know if the Disney Gift Cards can be exchanged for Disney Dollars.
Does anyone know?

I just called and spoke with Old Key West front desk.

They said they ARE able to accept the gift cards for payment of the dining plan now! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter