Can I get some advice about Narcoossee's??

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
I was reading reviews and looking at pics of the food at Narcoossee's....it looks out of this world and I was ready to add it to one of our day's, however, I started reading some other reviews about this place and they were all bad....I would love to hear who loves this and some good things about it, I HATE seafood, however, my DH would love some good Lobster and I am sure they have something there for me to eat....Any advice or opinions would be great.
Thanks

We ate there on all 4 of our trips last year!! The food was wonderful every time. I can't say the same for the service though. One trip we waited 1 1/2 hr! They forgot to turn on our pager and when we didn't respond they took us off the list!!! When we were finally sat the manager didn't even come over or anything. I had to request to see her. All she said was "Sorry, you want a free dessert or something? Oh, your on the dining plan, nevermind" and walked away! I checked when we were there in Sept. if she was still there and she wasn't. Good thing too! I really judge a restaurant based on food not the staff so if we have less than stellar staff I just brush it off. We also try to plan our meals around Wishes so we can see them. You really can't beat the view. It is also one of the few places to get lobster on property. All 4 times we were there I had the lobster and it was wonderful. Warm and tender. Not chewy at all. DH gets the steaks. He has always said they are terrific. Hope this helps!
BTW the almond crusted cheesecake with cherry sauce...:faint:

love it! DH LOVES lobster, so it was a must, I don't do seafood, but the filet was out of this world good! as was the almond crusted cheesecake!:cloud9: try it for yourself!!1 good luck

We ate there 2 years ago and it was fantastic. The chef even came out and spoke with us about our meal. I surprised my DH with both a mini wedding cake and the slipper dessert for our anniversary.

Awesome....thanks for the tips everyone:thumbsup2 How do I go about planning our meal around Wishes? I would love to do that;)

I've only eaten there once but it was pretty good. My DMIL who I went with (long story) really enjoyed her meal. Mine was good, but just ordinary. We had an 8pm ADR and were able to see Wishes at 9 - that was really kind of cool.

Ty

DH & I ate there last September for our anniversary dinner & we loved the food! I had the surf & turf & he had the scallops & both dishes were delicious. The waiter did want to take the complete order at the beginning & my DH told her that we wanted to take our time & enjoy our meal instead of being rushed. They totally respected his decision & we ordered each course after the previous one was completed. We thoroughly enjoyed this meal & will return again on our next trip.

We just got back and our meal at Narcoosee was a real highlight of the trip. I highly recommend speaking with the chef before you order. From studying the menu and reading here, I had about decided to order the surf and turf. Because I have a peanut allergy, the chef came to our table to discuss the menu. On the menu was an item at the top left "Chef's Recommendation" and it was "Seared Skate Wing". It didn't sound that appetizing to me but when the Chef verbally reinforced his recommendation, we both decided to try it. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! I have a picture, which I'll try to post later but it was so flavorful and delicate....served on pearl pasta with sundried tomatoes and some crispy sauteed onions. It was to die for. Plus, we had a table by the window at around 7:50. The fireworks show at 8 was spectacular and the electrical water pageant passed right by us. I highly recommend this restaurant. It surpassed the BlueZoo, which we enjoyed the next evening.

Hubby and I added this to our list as our 2TS after hubby decided he really wanted to go to Emeril's for his birthday dinner. I think we are most excited about Narcoossee too. Everything looks great and I'm hearing so many good things.

We also want to time it right to catch Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant. We're going the week after Thanksgiving, so we need to figure out what time each of those will take place and try to plan dinner accordingly.

We ate there for the first time last Sept. (DDP) and really enjoyed it. :goodvibes We had the surf 'n turf. It was good. To me, the best parts were (in no particular order) Calamari appetizer; almond crusted cheesecake; view of, dimmed lights, and music from Wishes. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

All in all, a memorable meal. :goodvibes We will be going back!

I would rec. going in time to see Wishes. Allow extra time as this was the only restaurant of our entire trip where we waited more than a few minutes. Wishes went off just about the time we got our dessert. I enjoyed the view of Wishes at Narcoossee's more than at Cal. Grill. :confused3

If you haven't read my review(s), clink on link in signature.

Enjoy!

thanks so much for the great reviews

going to this restaurant at end of month. on DDP and not sure if it was worth 2 TS. but after reading all these wonderful reivews I am convinced it is

Can't wait!!!:cool1: :cool1:

26 DAYS AND COUNTING:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter