Can I change our non-refundable airplane tickets?

Miss Kelly said:
Thank you all for your advice, suggestions, and comments. I called this evening and changed our return flight. The charge was about what I expected. At least I don't have to worry about getting 'caught' now.

Thanks again!!! :mickeybar

How did it turn out? What did Delta end up charging you?

Duds

dudspizza said:

Duds

Yes, Inquiring minds want to know. What was the costly outcome?

dudspizza said:

Duds

It turned out pretty well actually. I don't have a direct flight home, but I'm fine with that now. We are connecting in Atlanta.

Delta charged me $58.90 per person. Not bad. I was terribly afraid of how much they would end up costing me because the orginal tickets were only $132!

I'm happy though. More time at Disney! :earsgirl:

Some airlines will cancel (without refund) the return leg of a round-trip ressie if you don't either pay the fee to reschedule, or get on *some* outbound flight within 24 hrs of your original scheduled departure (except when the delay is theirs, or an Act of God.) They are almost guaranteed to do this if you actually confess to taking a different carrier to reach your destination. Personally I consider this stealing, but they will say that "well, if you never went to destination X, how could you possibly need to return?"

I had AA tell me they would do this when I missed a flight due to a TSA problem. I debated doing a walkup outbound with SWA, but AA told me that if I walked away from the outbound flight and took another carrier to get where I was going, they intended to cancel the return without refund, which would have meant paying the walkup fare in both directions, as it was a 2-day trip. It was cheaper to pay the $300 that AA wanted to give me an alternate routing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter