Can I add a Hertz Gold Membership

TamaraQT

DIS Veteran
Ok so I booked a great rate for Hertz thru AAA for August. I reserved a Buick Regal from 8/19-8/28 for $583.16 all in!!! :banana:It's pretty sad to be celebrating those rates. :laughing: Anyway, there was no where for me enter my Hertz Gold membership number which would give me the FREE additional driver. :goodvibes I am guessing I should contact Hertz and see if they can add it. :rolleyes:

Hertz can add it, but if the only reason you want to add the Gold Plus number is for the additional driver there is no reason. Every AAA rate includes a second driver. Now being able to skip the counter is absolutely a worthwhile reason to make the call.

Every AAA rate includes a second driver. Now being able to skip the counter is absolutely a worthwhile reason to make the call.
Ok great!! Thanks for easing my mind about the additional driver. The counter doesn't bother me as I use it to get the make/model of what I want when they assign you one and don't let you choose your own. I prefer choosing my own like Alamo and Enterprise allows. If Hertz lets me choose my own, I will gladly skip the counter. I guess I better get my Hertz gold # added to cover all bases.

You didn't say what airport you are at but at MCO, if you rent a midsized car through I think luxury SUV you get access to different aisles to choose from if you don't want what was assigned. Assuming you have your gold plus number attached.

You didn't say what airport you are at but at MCO, if you rent a midsized car through I think luxury SUV you get access to different aisles to choose from if you don't want what was assigned. Assuming you have your gold plus number attached.
Thanks for your input. I am landing at MCO. I was able to re-book with Hertz discount codes and added my Hertz Gold membership number. My rate went down about $23 bucks. Anyway....my new reservation has my Hertz gold number on it. So are you saying I can go choose my own at MCO??

In pre-rental apocolypse times, you would go up the escalator to the Hertz hut in the garage, outside of that would be the big board with your name and usually a space number on it. That is the car that has been assigned to you, if you don't want that you can take any vehicle in the Gold Aisle.

In pre-rental apocolypse times, you would go up the escalator to the Hertz hut in the garage, outside of that would be the big board with your name and usually a space number on it. That is the car that has been assigned to you, if you don't want that you can take any vehicle in the Gold Aisle.
So I guess I better find out if that is still an option. I do plan to call and tell them I want a Buick Regal or better(Cadillac). 😁😆🤣😂🤣

So I guess I better find out if that is still an option. I do plan to call and tell them I want a Buick Regal or better(Cadillac). 😁😆🤣😂🤣
Currently Hertz does not have any Buick Regals in it's fleet. Cadillacs are Prestige collection vehicles, maybe there would be one in the President's Circle aisle, but more than likely you would need to specifically rent one of those. In the class of the Regal and what you would actually get are a Chevy Impala or Ford Taurus.

There are three self select aisles at Hertz, Gold, Five Star and President's Circle. If you've already reserved a Premium Car, listed as Buick Regal or similar. I doubt you're going to find anything nicer in the Gold Aisle.

Currently Hertz does not have any Buick Regals in it's fleet. Cadillacs are Prestige collection vehicles, maybe there would be one in the President's Circle aisle, but more than likely you would need to specifically rent one of those. In the class of the Regal and what you would actually get are a Chevy Impala or Ford Taurus.

There are three self select aisles at Hertz, Gold, Five Star and President's Circle. If you've already reserved a Premium Car, listed as Buick Regal or similar. I doubt you're going to find anything nicer in the Gold Aisle.
Why advertise a Regal if it isn't in the fleet? I will demand to be upgraded. How can you advertise something you dont offer? A Ford Taurus or Chevy Impala will not be acceptable to me.

Last edited:
Ill
It used to be, there are many models that were in the fleet in 2019 and early 2020 that no longer are.
I will keep you posted. I printed my ressie in case they try to change it. But I will not accept an Impala or Taurus unless the Impala has less than 100 miles on it. They can keep that Taurus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter