Can DH pack bottles of vodka/rum in his checked luggage?

ez

<font color=green>Yoshi Lover<br><font color=deepp
He says he read that he can, I say he has to take it in a carry-on bag...who is right, please....we are cruising tomorrow, thanks!

I am pretty sure the airlines do not want you packing alcohol in checked luggage. You may have been able to at your own risk at one time, but since 9/11 I don't think you are able to. They even list chocolate and dense food products as prohibited from checked luggage.....something about looking like explosives on the screen.

I would say bring it in your carry-on or just buy some down by the port when you get there if that is an option.

MJ

Once we get to port can the booze bottles then be put in the check-in luggage or do we need to carry them onboard?

just wondering about the checked luggage on the ship. Thanks!:bounce:

put them in our carry on luggage and make sure they are gone before you return. you may have to pay taxes on the. so what you bring needs to be finished before your return. i hope this helps

My Mom always packs a bottle of champagne in her checked luggage. She's never had one break but just be sure the bottle is in a sealed bag in case it does. HTH

The scanners are the same ones that use at the airport to screen checked luggage, so I guess the results on the screen would be the same.

If you were to check it make sure it is wrapped securely in case of breakage. You would not want to ruin your travel clothes or anyone else's bags that might be near yours when the spill happens.

MJ

I packed wine in a checked bag at the port with no problem. We didn't drink all of the bottles and took one back home with no problems either. The information said it should be carried on though. I also checked soda and beer. The just asked if the package had any glass, and since it didn't, they had no problems delivering it to my room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter