Can children eat at Victoria and Alberts?

leeserw

Mouseketeer
I just got off the phone w/ a CM and he said children have to be 10 years old to eat at V & A. Is that true? We wanted to go w/ our children but our youngest is 7.

Yes, they do have an age requirement. Would your youngest enjoy the kids club? We haven't done the one at GF but our DD :lovestruc the club at the Poly, which would be a quick monorail ride or pleasant walk away.

There is no kid's menu so you would be paying full adult prices for even a 10 year old. I know there are plenty of kids with a sophisticated palate but even with your older ones realize that there are no kids cuisine options at V&A.

I thought it was an adult only dining experience???? We went during our honeymoon, it was wonderful. I still have the personalized menus they gave us. It was a very memorable experience.

Yes, it is true. Children under 10 can't dine at Victoria & Albert's.

As prior posters said, no-one under 10 is allowed in V&A for dinner. I don't think it's the proper atmosphere for children anyway. We used the kids club at the GF for our kids several years ago and they had a great time. It's nice to have a meal without the kids once in a while. ::MinnieMo

Since the "nobody under ten years old" rule went into effect over two years ago I have only heard of one exception being made. That was when the food critic of The New York Times came down, and the family was at the Chef's Table so the children were not in the Dining Room.

I imagine that if you are doing the CT or a buyout of the Queen Victoria Room they may make an exception.

This is a link to the V&A site.
http://www.victoria-alberts.com/index.html

You can read there children's policy under "reservations".
I must admit I was strongly against this policy but after dining there I can fully understand there policy.We had a reservation for 9 o' clock but were not back in our room before almost 1.00 AM and we were staying at the GF.

I just got off the phone w/ a CM and he said children have to be 10 years old to eat at V & A. Is that true? We wanted to go w/ our children but our youngest is 7.

No offense - but I enjoy the fact it is the one place with no kids for dinner. People that are going are spending quite a bit for a special dining experience (last year for my birthday) and it was nice to be able to have that quiet romantic experience.

I can understand that they occasionally make an exception at CT since that would not impact on other guests but if I were dining in the main dining room I would not be happy if there were children there when i had booked it on the understanding it was an adult only venue (well over 10). It is not that I do not like children I have my own and regularly help at a number of childrens clubs BUT if a venue/activity is advertised as adult only then that is exactly what it should be.

Victoria & Albert's is not a child-friendly restaurant or experience. I understand they enacted the under-10 rule when people started bringing in little kids and demanding that they be served typical kid food at a child menu price...which was then brought in from another kitchen as Victoria & Albert's has no child's menu. Of course the kids would be finished pretty quick with their macaroni and cheese and have to wait while Mom and Dad had a six-course gourmet meal with all the trimmings.

I can understand that they occasionally make an exception at CT since that would not impact on other guests but if I were dining in the main dining room I would not be happy if there were children there when i had booked it on the understanding it was an adult only venue (well over 10). It is not that I do not like children I have my own and regularly help at a number of childrens clubs BUT if a venue/activity is advertised as adult only then that is exactly what it should be.

It is not advertised as an adult only experience just one that excludes children under 10. Our eldest took my place many years ago when one of our other children was ill. He was in the 11 or 12 year old range, wore a jacket, loved the entire experience and was as quiet and well behaved as any other person in the restaurant.

It is completely inappropriate for a younger child who wants chicken nuggets. That is a sad but probably true tale, TDC Nala.:sad2:

October will be the first time we've taken our son to V&A. He'll be 12.
We've always left him at the Kids Club at GF and had no problem. They even give you a pager for any emergency..or did 3 years ago on our last trip.
$130 is a bit steep for anyone under 12. At this point he eats more than I do, so I can justify taking him.

It is not advertised as an adult only experience just one that excludes children under 10. Our eldest took my place many years ago when one of our other children was ill. He was in the 11 or 12 year old range, wore a jacket, loved the entire experience and was as quiet and well behaved as any other person in the restaurant.

Nice story (well, sorry your other child was sick and you missed out) but curiosity has the better of me: how did you happen to have a jacket packed for your 11 year old? Were you there for a wedding or something?

One time I had to fly from WDW suddenly to an important family funeral....and had to stop by Talbot's on the way from the airport to pick up a suitable outfit to wear! Everything in my WDW suitcase was shorts and t's and bathing suits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter