Can anyone tell me about VB?

PoohsFan1

DIS Veteran
I am already thinking about our June 2013 vacation :goodvibes. We have it already planned that we will spend 2 weeks at OKW and instead of flying we will be driving our own car. The plan is all good, but I was thinking that since we will have our own car, why not go to VB for a few nights (3) before heading over to OKW for the rest of our vacation. Since we always fly, we had not thought about VB at all because we don't like to rent a car in Disney. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this resort. It will be me, DH, DD12 and DD10 at the time we go. I think a nice beach resort before heading to WDW for 9 nights (my plan if we do this) would be fun. What are your thoughts and what are some fun/not to miss things to do while there? TIA.

I love Vero. Beautiful pool, nice beach, very pretty resort. It is NOT a go go kind of place, but more of a nice quiet relaxing resort. There are lots of fun activities going on during the day (and evening) for kids your kids ages.

Be careful of the noseeums that bite mercilessly in the early morning and evening. They love me and eat me alive. So take a good insect repellant.

The food onsite can be really hit or miss in my opinion. I think shutters used to be a lot better than it is now.. but again that is my opinion. The breakfast is still good.

Orchid Island pizza which is very close is good if you like pizza.

My favorite things to do.. just sitting on the beach, listening to the waves and read. I also love to get an ocean view inn room and sit on the balcony drinking my coffee in the morning on sipping a glass of wine at night.

I was just there in December, right before Christmas. It was wonderful. We spent 5 days in a 1 bedroom villa. It was just the right pace. There was absolutely no need to get up and go anywhere. I didn't feel guilty sitting in the room watching television, or just sitting by the pool and doing nothing.

If you're a go-go-go person, which I normally am, then you may not enjoy it. But I loved having nothing to do. It was a great change of pace. I would recommend trying to go for a villa so you can do some cooking in the room. There isn't much on the island if you're thinking of going out to eat, and the food is still Disney food and Disney prices. There is a Publix which is on the way down from Orlando which you can stop at on the way.

All in all, I would recommend it if you need a vacation where there are no time constraints, no pressures to do anything.

One of the great things? You don't have to buy a park pass! And since money is a bit tight for me right now, it was cheaper to rent a car than to buy a park pass. But when you're spending more than 2 weeks up in WDW, then those additional days tend not to be overly cost-prohibitive. (unless you have an annual pass, then this bit doesn't apply at all! :))

We love VB! For us, it's the perfect way to end a WDW vacation!

After spending a week running around at WDW, we like to go to VB for a few days to relax and unwind. The pace is much slower, but there is still plenty to do. We also have family in the area so it gives us our own place to stay when we visit them.

We are making our first trip to VB this June. 6 days at WDW then end with 3 days at VB. I have been reading the 2012 VB Adoration thread which has a lot of good information on it and some pictures. My only worry is that I will love it and want to buy points there too!! We are really looking forward to it.

We go in the fall and spend a week at okw then the first trip we added two days at vero. Then five now we do 7 at okw then 7 at vero. We love it. I am sure soon it will be four at wdw and 10 at vero. I am not a beach person I like to do things but vero has lots of activities and the Sebastian inlet is up the road. We had a manatee swim right by us. I was lucky there was a local there as I saw this huge shadow and was just about ready to freak out lol. Check out the vero Beath bread a ton of great info and pics

We've only been there once for one night, but we definitely want to go back. We just loved sitting on the balcony of the bar, enjoying a drink and watching the waves (and getting hypnotized). WONDERFUL.

Wow thank you all for the great information. When I had thought of this plan, I hadn't talked to DH about it. Last night I did and he said that that would be a great idea, he seems really excited by it. I like PP's idea of going to VB after our WDW trip, I think going and relaxing on the beach after would be awesome...I like the idea of winding down there. Now I have another question, I see that there are 2 different type of room categories...there is the rooms in the inn and there are villas. What are the difference between those two categories? Is the rooms in the inn like a regular hotel room? I think I need to go check out that VB information thread :goodvibes.

Just went to Vero in Feb for the first time and loved it. My son (11) enjoyed the archery, bball, and tennis, and pool activities. He also make a shark tooth necklace- sign up early as there is limited numbers. There is ping pong by the pool and you can take out bocci balls for the small lawn area. We brought our own football for tossing at the beach too.

I had reservations about leaving WDW for a few days but it ended up being a fantastic trip.

Enjoy!

We stayed in the inn in an ocean view room. Be sure to tell check in that its your first trip. They made sure we had an ocean facing room and it was wonderful! The room had the kitchenette area and 2 queen beds with a small table and 2 chairs. There are 2 chairs on the balcony as well.

Will be interested to hear about the villas.

The Inn Rooms have either a garden view or an ocean view. If you want an ocean view ask for a FULL ocean view - not side ocean view - balcony facing the ocean.

Also the inn rooms are just like the studios however - you either get a king room with one king sized bed or 2 queen sized beds instead of a queen sized bed and a sleeper sofa. Unless you ask for the king you will get the 2 queens.

here is a link to a slide show I made with photos I took at Vero in 2008

http://jenniferdifranco.smugmug.com/Disney-Vacations/Walt-Disney-World-2008/AnimotoVero/16920465_KXq3Hf#!i=1278801668&k=J6Km5Bj

Thank you so much for the link DVC Jen..your pictures are awesome. I cannot wait for our first stay there :goodvibes.

Ask for an unobstructed ocean view room as that will get you an open balcony instead of a closed balcony. You can't sit and watch the ocean on the closed balcony....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter