Can anyone tell me about the offerings at AKL Concierge Lounge?

IWISHFORDISNEY

<font color=darkorchid>Cant get enough of the mous
I am debating changing my ressie to AKL concierge from at BW villa and want to know what was offered as far as food in the lounge. I havnt been able to find what was offered anywhere. TIA.

When we stayed there two years ago it was a lot of appetizers from Jiko in the evenings with a pretty good variety of types of food and always plenty of snacks that were fairly kid friendly. The food was actually pretty good and the cm's in the lounge were extremely nice and helpful. If something wasn't out, but they had it, you just had to ask. By the end of our stay, they would just go grab me a diet soda pretty much every time I came through. (They discovered my addiction pretty quickly!)

We didn't go to the lounge too often in the afternoons but the mornings had a pretty substantial buffet of yogurt, fruit, pastries and danish, etc. We never bought breakfast, just ate at the lounge in the mornings or would grab some yogurt or something on the run.

The other bonus to the AKL concierge is the sunrise safari you can go on. We did that one morning and loved it. The kids (both 12 at the time) had a blast taking pictures and seeing everything close up and at a slower pace while the animals were active in the mornings. The breakfast at Tusker House was extremely good and even my finicky niece found several items she really liked that morning.

Hope this helps and I'm sure someone will correct anything that has changed since then, or anything I am leaving out.

Good luck with your decision, but imho, you can't go wrong with AKL - we loved it there!

Jeanne thank you so much for the info. Did the breakfast in the lounge offer any type of cereal?? DS loves cold cereal and oatmeal. I guess it is no biggie I can run to Mara but if I am paying for concierge I might as well get it there.

Yes, they had a small selection of the individual boxes of cereal and then of course milk, juice, coffee, etc.

My son loves cereal and that's what he ate just about every morning.

They had hot oatmeal every morning with brown sugar to put on top and raisins, etc...

Nice breakfast, lots of fruit, pastries, toast/bagels, juice, cereal etc...

Appetizers were like chicken or shrimp skewers, nuggets, cheese, crackers, veggies, all kinds of things I am sure I am missing things.

Desserts, cookies, tarts, little cheesecakes, sometimes zebra domes.

IWISHFORDISNEY said:
Jeanne thank you so much for the info. Did the breakfast in the lounge offer any type of cereal?? DS loves cold cereal and oatmeal. I guess it is no biggie I can run to Mara but if I am paying for concierge I might as well get it there.

My son loved that oatmeal that someone else described already. He couldn't wait to get it.

They also had a wonderful yogurt smoothie that was tasty and refreshing. And they also served - an extremely RARE treat! - a decent cup of coffee!

Do that Sunrise Safari - well worth the money.

Thanks for the info! I can't wait for my visit to AKL! I think that the concierge service is going to be well worth it!

OK I am coming out of my pants now. I am so excited about our first time in concierge. We usually book a 1bdr villa and this will be a nice treat for our 15th anniversary. Sounds like the offerings are pretty good. :thumbsup2

We just returned from 7 nights in a one bedroom at the BW. Following 7 nights there we went to the BC concierge for three nights. Although we enjoyed our stay there we felt incredibly cramped. I'm not sure what your party size is but if children are included you may want to reconcsider. We were amazed at how badly we missed the extra space a villa provided.

The offerings were fantastic. You could get a good start for your day certainly. The fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, dry cereals, bagels, croissants, danish, muffins, fresh juices, and the wonderful coffee machine. I cannot count how many cappucinos and lattes my husband and I enjoyed.

We never were there in the afternoons but I believe they have an afternoon tea.

In the evenings, I believe it is 5- 7pm, they offer usually two hot appetizers and two cold appetizers, along with chicken nuggets. They even had PB&Js for the kids - uncrustables, I think. We made a light dinner of it one night.

They have cordials in the evening, but we never made it there for that. We did catch some of the evening deserts after coming in late from the parks.

Overall the staff there was unbelievable. So helpful and fun. My kids enjoyed Don who does an awesome Donald Duck impression.

Even tho it is quite expensive it is worth it in my opinion if you could afford it or for special occasions. We are going back this October but are not splurging for it this time. I am sure I will miss it but oh well. At least I will be at the lodge, and that is what I will enjoy - the whole ambiance of the place.

Happy planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter