Can anyone recommend a good smaller backpack?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
This will be our first trip to Disney diaperfree! I'm so excited, but what that means is, I need a new smaller backpack. All I need to fit is a small purse, my camera, video camera, and maybe light jackets for my DDs. Does anyone have a good smaller backpack they bring? I've been looking at the kids backpacks, but I'm not sure if they're good or not. Thanks!

I know alot of people use bagalleni's, but I used a plain Jansport mini-bag. It fit everything we needed and it was only $10 on ebags.

Thanks! They all look great so far! Now will have to see which DH is willng to carry around as well.

I got this last year and it was perfect!

http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/messenger_sling_bagg_crinkle_nylon/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=47360

Front pocket will keep your credit cards, park pass, etc. There's a zip pocket right on the shoulder strap for a cell phone. All the little compartments are great.

This one gets my vote (the link even shows it in the color I have). Small but not too small, fits snuggly against the small of my back and is very comfortable to wear, even on rides. Much better than a small backpack.

I have a messenger type bag as well, not a name brand but a nice one I found at Target. Its just the right size for us, a little smaller than the one shown and has a few outside pockets. I like that it has a small wallet type pocket in the strap in front, very handy for tickets:)

I tried a smaller backpack but I only use one strap anyway so the messenger type is more comforable.

TJ

I bought this one last year from Lillian Vernon in black.

http://www.lillianvernon.com/catalog/product_display.jsp?searchParam=LV&pdId=3869&addOn=785&sid=eas

It's cute and did the job fine. Lots of pockets, very lightweight fabric. My only complaint is that it was hard to get it zipped back up if there was anything heavy in the bag. I kind of had to set the bottom of it on something or support the bottom to get it zipped up sometimes. Serves me right for taking the Passporter everywhere with me...

I use a small camelback-style backpack. It holds 3 liters of water and is pretty compact with a small outer pocket. Good for keep hydrated. I got mine a BJs (a Northeastern Sam's Club-type store) for like $25. Worked great on our last trip, and we were just out of diapers.

SkierPete

I'm going to wdw next week on the 20th, and I am not a backpack person, but I am carrying one in the park for my stuff-----I bought a cool little backpack at wal-mart for $6.67!!!! what a bargain!!! I didn't want to spend much on one, since I probably will never tote it again!!!!:yay:

OP - I would not carry a purse in my backpack. Just use the pockets for all that stuff, why use a bag to carry a bag. I didn't carry nearly what you might, so I use a fanny pack (a credit card, KTTW, digital and spare batteries, cell phone, bit of cash, stick of sunblock, hand sanitizer, shades and rain pouch maybe a box of rainsins. When I upgraded to one of these small backpacks on string (often w/Nike, Reebok, etc. on the back) I added a small towel and dry snack raisins/chips. Could have carried the rain pouch for my nephew too in that bag. I am a firm believer in the less is more way of travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter