• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can any Cdns tell me how to extend SWA credit?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
Due to the current AWESOME SWA sale it looks like I have $900+ in SWA credits. They expire in the summer but I am wondering if I will be able to extend them for 6 months to use late 2009?

Can anyone tell me the procedure for this and how their experience has been when using the extended credits??

Thank you

I to have a credit worth over 700, and mine would expire june 26 of 2009 from what I was told you have to wait until it expires then write in and request an extension but was also told that they could say no which worries me. wouldnt want to lose it but I also am hopping for it to be extended till december2009 has any one requested an extension and been refused?:confused3

SWA now charges $50 a ticket to extend for 6 months. They have been doing this for at least a year. I lost funds because of this.

Due to the current AWESOME SWA sale it looks like I have $900+ in SWA credits. They expire in the summer but I am wondering if I will be able to extend them for 6 months to use late 2009?

Can anyone tell me the procedure for this and how their experience has been when using the extended credits??

Thank you

You could also sell it on Ebay (I got almost 90% of the face value when I did it 2 years ago). It depends on how many tickets you have ,of course (whether it is worth while paying the $50 per ticket to extend....or sell them)

If you didn't want to sell it on EBAY, you could find someone that you know that is booking SW and offer to sell it to them.

I have had a friend that just gave me her's because they couldn't use them, about $140 I think, I brought her home a disney gift card (not worth the whole amount though) and I had a $60.00 credit that I ended up giving away(not sold) to someone here on the board. It worked out great! It was a nice feeling to share something I was going to lose anyway!

Now....$900.00 is a little more money, so I would try the latter probably.

You can also call them to extend it. You can't until 1 week before it expires though. Then they send you a luv voucher minus the $50 (per ticket) What I did was combined all my ticket funds into one ticket by rebooking a phantom flight (I got it within 50 cents of my fund amount) and then I cancelled. That way I had one ticketless travel fund so I couldn't get "dinged" the $50 more than once. The voucher expires 6 months later.

I tried to sell on ebay but it got pulled after 2 days....and I followed all the rules just like everyone else was doing.

What I did was combined all my ticket funds into one ticket by rebooking a phantom flight (I got it within 50 cents of my fund amount) and then I cancelled. That way I had one ticketless travel fund so I couldn't get "dinged" the $50 more than once. The voucher expires 6 months later.

Thats actually a good idea !:thumbsup2

You can also call them to extend it. You can't until 1 week before it expires though. Then they send you a luv voucher minus the $50 (per ticket) What I did was combined all my ticket funds into one ticket by rebooking a phantom flight (I got it within 50 cents of my fund amount) and then I cancelled. That way I had one ticketless travel fund so I couldn't get "dinged" the $50 more than once. The voucher expires 6 months later.

I tried to sell on ebay but it got pulled after 2 days....and I followed all the rules just like everyone else was doing.

Great idea....why didn't I think of that! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter