Can adults order off of the chilren's menu?

Cantw8

Skating on thin ice and the sun's coming up
I have always found the servings at most restaurants to be a bit overwhelming for me. Can I order a children's meal without getting a bunch of static? Has anyone done this? Does it make you look or feel cheap????? I would split an entree with DH but, well,uh.....he's a pig and you just do not mess with the man's food:eek:

I've never done it at a sit down restaurant, but I occasionally order from the children's menu at the counter service restaurants. They didn't even bat an eye.

I'm sure they wouldn't give you any trouble at the sit down restaurants either but the kid's menu is so limited at most sitdowns - endless chicken fingers. Maybe you could order an appetizer as your entree instead - at least that way you'd get more variety. I've done that before with no problem.

It's always up to the individual restaurant, but WDW sitdowns are generally very accommodating about special requests of all kinds, so I think you'd have good luck. "Look and feel cheap" are in the eye of the beholder, and not really your problem. If YOU would feel cheap, a joking comment to the server about the huge lunch you had (even if that's a white lie) might help make you feel better.

Now some people will disagree with this (vehemently), but IMO, you should probably tip the server a little extra - assuming good service of course! - to adjust for the lower cost of your meal. Same story for only ordering an appetizer, which is an excellent suggestion as well.

Thanks y'all...
Excellent suggestions. I would not want to be accussed of being cheap or trying to rip off Disney by ordering a kid's meal.....I just can't eat all that food and I certainly do not want to lug leftovers around the parks with me all day.

When we visited POR earlier this year in June, my DW ate kid's meals at several meals that we had at the foodcourt. The spaghetti kid's meal there is quite large and was enough satisfy almost anyone's appetite.

doubled07

I'm sort of with Kcritter--
I imagine you could order off the kids menu, but chicken fingers and PBJ sandwiches don't really appeal.
But just ordering an appetizer might improve your choices, and would still be quite manageable quantity-wise.

Has any adult ordered something from the children's menu at CBR for themselves, and lived to tell the tale? (Versus dying of humiliation when the server sneered?)

a number have posted about getting a 1/2 order ..obviously wouldn't work with every entree ( can I have 1/2 a steak please, 1/2 a chicken leg ,1/2 a burger) but especially for pasta type or anything with multiple pieces should be ok..allows you more flexibility. If you feel funny asking the wait staff I'd call ahead and ask the rest. then you would know if they are accomadating or not.

I wouldn't feel funny or cheap... why waste gobs of money and food. Hubby and I are spliting a lot of meals since we are using vkl vouchers and that is way to much for 1 person for lunch...at least this 1 person. The only meal he really cares about not splitting is WC pork shops and now he is all excited cause I said I'd get them too so he can have 3, count em, 3 in all! so far the thought of that is the highlight of the trip for him so I understand with the "don't mess with the food issue" ( not like he never has porkchops since he almost always orders them out and has them at home too !go figure)

At CSR if an adult orders off the kid menu, they tack on a $2.00 charge! They also tack on an extra 10% as a gratuity whether or not you eat in or take out, kind of strange that this is the only food court that does it.

this is my first post ever so i hope i am doing this right.ok here goes.on our last trip we ate at tony's town square for lunch.we both wanted spaghetti but i felt the $18 was to high.the cm there suggested i order the kids plate.it was more than enough and very reasonable price wise.we were spending so much money all over the world so i didn't feel cheap at all.i did however tip the cm as if i ordered an adult entree.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Yeah, it will be nice to order a kids meal once in a while at the parks - especially when we have a big dinner planned that nite - good to know we can! :bounce: :crazy:

We've had a couple of waiters say "this is Disney, you can do what you want" when I've asked if I could order a childs meal. I tip good too if service fine. Have done this at Sci-Fi and Prime Time. Counter Service restaurants.

Prime Time will also let you order a small portion adult meal, ie two pieces of chicken instead of 3 for a reduced price.

My MIL ordered off the kids menu when we ate at Artist Point last year. I was embarassed at time, but her behavior in the restaurant contributed to that greatly. She was making faces and comments about all of the food on the "adult" menu, not to mention the prices. :rolleyes: She ordered the chicken breast. It was very plain - no seasonings or anything. Which is good for kids, but might be a little less than desirable for adults. I would ask the server how the meal is prepared before ordering off the kids menu.

Can't speak for everywhere, but they were more than happy to let our two picky teens order off the kids menu at 50's Prime Time.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter