• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can a 12 year old be in the teen activities?

As for the 18-21 activities, I agree there need to be more. I went to the first college club meeting on my last cruise and walked out when the CM who was running it told us which bartender wouldn't card us. :sad2: They really need to figure out better ways for the young people who can't/don't drink to have fun.

Did any 18-21 year olds actually try to get a drink from this bartender? Although I believe your statement, I highly doubt that anyone would risk their jobs or their friend's jobs, maybe they were kidding? Plus, wouldn't the parents see the charge on the card and question it? I sure would!

I have a DD who is 12, would I allow her in the stack even though she has an older brother and hangs out with him sometimes? No, but not because I'm afraid she'll see something she shouldn't but because I know she will be BORED up there. When they "Invaded aloft" on the Wonder she didn't like it becasue everyone hogged the video games and there were no activities to speak of... I guess the activity WAS to be allowed to hang out up there.

Did any 18-21 year olds actually try to get a drink from this bartender? Although I believe your statement, I highly doubt that anyone would risk their jobs or their friend's jobs, maybe they were kidding? Plus, wouldn't the parents see the charge on the card and question it? I sure would!

I don't know if anyone tried it; I left shortly after that part of the conversation took place. However, she said something to the effect of "don't tell anyone" and "if he does try to card you, tell him I sent you" and that it would be fine. In face-to-face conversations I'm pretty good at telling sarcasm/kidding/joking, and she was dead serious, down to making sure only the college group could hear. I considered going to Guest Services and telling someone, but since I was the only one that left, I knew that everyone would know who told and I REALLY didn't feel like getting evil glares for 3 days. :rolleyes: Yes, I'm a chicken. But I'm a law-abiding chicken. :laughing:

As to charges on the room card, I honestly didn't think of that. Perhaps that in itself would be enough to keep the 'kids' honest. But like I said, I left the group and didn't return, so I don't know. But I do know I won't be in the college club on my next cruise.

As for the 18-21 activities, I agree there need to be more. I went to the first college club meeting on my last cruise and walked out when the CM who was running it told us which bartender wouldn't card us. :sad2: They really need to figure out better ways for the young people who can't/don't drink to have fun.

:rotfl2: :lmao:
You're kidding, right? That's ridiculous. I give you credit for just politely walking out. I would have probably gone straight to the CD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter