Camera suggestions for upcoming WDW trip, $300 range???

busy mom

Mouseketeer
Can anyone suggest a camera for our trip?

I'm willing to spend around $300. I'm not camera savvy, so something that is fairly user friendly would be great.

Suggestions welcome!!!

I 2nd this one, the SX720. I have the previous model the SX700 and it works great. Amazing clear zoom (and the one recommend is even better zoom).
I saw this after I posted..... I was comparing the sx700,the 710,and the 720, but no matter what,it seems like the 720 is worth the bit extra.... how are the telephoto shots? I want to take pictures of my birds outside......

or I am also consider the panasonic zs50...... less mp, but rates higher on many website reviews...... I'm also tearing my hair out trying to decide!

I saw this after I posted..... I was comparing the sx700,the 710,and the 720, but no matter what,it seems like the 720 is worth the bit extra.... how are the telephoto shots? I want to take pictures of my birds outside......

On my 700 the shots zoomed in are very clear. DH and I are major camera snobs. When we upgrade our camera we buy multiple from Best Buy to test and return the ones that didn't make the cut (I think it's 14 days for no restock fee on open/used as long as resellable condition).

It's small enough for my purse. We have a Camera DSLR and that one is staying home more and more now because the 700 does so well. And so much more convenient.

I also would just go with the 720 as it's pretty much $350 everywhere. If you're wanting to save a few bucks the 700 and 710 are on Amazon for $262 now. Now sure if you'd think the extra 10x zoom is worth the extra $88.

I have been eying this model..... it looks like a great little camera (I don't want a dslr) how do you like it? I'm especially interested in longer range photos,like wildlife,etc and birds.... I am not satisfied with my iphone anymore!

So far we really like it a lot. We live on a lake with lots of wildlife and our old camera just wasn't good with the distance shots. If we used the iPhone, to get the picture big enough it got pretty blurry. This camera has a great zoom for a point & shoot. I didn't want to lug a dslr around on vacation and after tons of research (DH is a champion researcher) and a recommendation from my niece who is a video editing major and knows a lot about cameras, we went with this one.

We've been happy with the telephoto. It beats our old camera and iphones by a lot. My niece told us the only way we would get a better zoom would be with a dslr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter