Camera Rigs In Disney Parks

Jack L

Earning My Ears
Based on Disney's rules regarding the use of cameras in the parks, it doesn't clarify how big of a rig someone can actually use inside the parks. Granted one would have to use a bit of common sense to this not to push their luck. But, how big of a rig could someone use in Disney's parks?

I once saw two guys and a girl (guessing 18-22 years old) walking through Magic Kingdom with a DSLR camera mounted in dual-handled stabilizer rig, follow focus knobs, a 'cine' lens, and a short shotgun mic mounted on top. That seemed a bit excessive in my opinion. I'm assuming they brought it into the park completely assembled; but that's only an assumption.

I see plenty of people carrying professional DSLR cameras with multiple lenses (I'm one of them) taking shots as if they were professionals. I have never been approached by a Cast Member regarding my equipment nor do I use any of it for commercial use; not even on FaceBook (just like taking pictures).

Now, if I was to mount up a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC) in a cage rig, cine lens, follow focus, 10" monitor, battery belt pack, and a 19" shotgun mic shrouded with a rabbit connected to an external audio recorder, would I be allowed to use it in the parks?

Where exactly is the threshold in the eyes of Disney?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter