Camera and picture questions

mwes1231

Earning My Ears
We have a day at DC reserved in June. I know there are photographers with the Dolphin swim, but are there others throughout the park as there are at Disney? Wondering how to handle the idea of having a camera/taking pictures. I obviously don't want to leave anything valuable on a chair when we are in the water. What does everyone else do??

I don't remember seeing photographers around the park, similar to how Disney and SeaWorld have them either positioned or wandering around.

I brought a water-proof camera with me and took some pics. To be honest, I didn't take as many as I probably should have and am thinking about not bringing it with me when I return in a couple of weeks. When I went 2 years ago, we had a cabana and I left it at the cabana for stretches of time during the day. If you don't want to carry it, you can lock it in your locker so it's not laying out in the open.

You are given a locker at Discovery Cove, so I would take pictures and then put it away for long stretches when I was in the water or otherwise active. I would stop back off at the locker to grab my GoPro when I wanted that, or to get the DSLR. Other than the included photo when you first enter I didn't see any PhotoPass like photographers. The lockers are free to use, just take the key in an open locker. You could move your camera around to different lockers if you wanted to. I just picked the center most bank of lockers and it is a 3 minute walk back to the locker.

There are a few, we saw some in the Aviary. But not enough to buy the photopass like thing from Seaworld (even SW doesn't have many of those photogs).

We did buy a waterproof camera though (nikon s33) and it worked out really well. Bought a floating wrist band for it. My daughters took it with them throughout the park and produced some nice underwater images/video for 8 and 10 yo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter