Calling FL experts - need help for beach getaway post WDW trip

hookedup

<font color=navy>radsmom <font color=blue>(Mom to
I wasn't sure which board to post this under - but this seemed like the closest match. We (me, dh and ds) are heading to WDW in July for 10 nights and then want to go to a great FL beach area for a week following.
We have no clue where to go! Thinking about Vero Beach 3 or 4 nights and somewhere else for 3 or 4 nights. Or even someplace for a whole week (esp if it's far away) we are willing to drive where ever we need to even if it's a few hours away. Any recommendations? We have Hilton and Starwood points that we can use too if anyone knows of a Hilton resort or Westin/Sheraton that you can recommend. I have read a few recommendations for Clearwater area.
Thanks!

Sanibel/Captiva Islands on the Gulf Coast are very nice and tropical. They are off the Coast of Fort Meyers about 3 hours south from Disney

We spent 3 days in Clearwater Beach prior to our vacation at Disney in November and would love to go back and just do a vacation there.....it was beautiful.............and you can drive to other beaches close by as well.

Sanibel/Captiva Islands on the Gulf Coast are very nice and tropical. They are off the Coast of Fort Meyers about 3 hours south from Disney

i was going to suggest sanibel, too. we have bags and bags and bags of seashells from there. it is our favorite beach to walk and hang on.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest