Calling All CONTEMPORARY RESORT Experts ~ ROOM 7101-7188

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hello all! Starting to think about what resort we'll stay at next!

At the top of the list is the Contemporary Resort, it's a childhood dream since it's the first resort I ever saw!

I was looking at the map of the resort trying to figure out where i the CR to stay. Tower is way out of my $snack bracket$ so it's a wing for us!

I'm looking for a central location that is:
*close to the tower
*close to pools
*close to laundry
*close to MK
*close to the playground

I see that Rooms 7101-7188 look about the area I am thinking about.

Anyone have reviews or suggestions? THX Sandra

When are you going? The north garden wing is being used by SoG until their expansion is completed in Sept 2003. The rooms you mentioned are the ones I have decided to send in a request for. The location does look very good.

Yes...Those numbers sound good, especially the lower ones. We had room #'s 7219, 7220, 7221 & 7222. 2 sets of connecting rooms. We were on the second floor, I believe, right above the room #'s you mention.

These are in the section of wing that runs perpindicular to the tower between the 2 wing sections that are parallel to the tower.

If you go in the front door of the north wing the elevator is right there. Continue down the wing and on your right is a set of windows then a door that leads out towards the pool. I believe 7101 would be on the right, (on the pool side), right after this door leading outside. You may want to request to be a few rooms away from this door, to keep any noise down. The playground would be right outside these rooms too.

Yes, that is an excellent location! We stayed in connecting rooms in the north wing on the second or third floor near the inside bend closest to the tower. I believe it was either rooms 81 and 82 or 83 and 84. We had a great view of the fireworks over the castle (except for some trees :D) as well as the monorail whizzing by. The bus stop was right out in front of the main entrance to this wing. Anything in that wing on the parking lot side is very convenient.

The North Wing in that first hallway is extremely close to the main Tower Building. You just cut across a little service courtyard and walk right into the Food & Fun Center and Arcade. Two escalators later, you're on the 4th floor Concourse with the Monorail and all the shops, restaurants, etc.!

Just an FYI, Room 7188 is a handicapped accessible room with two queen beds and a day bed, but be forewarned, the laundry room is on the second floor right overhead. We weren't sure why parents were letting their kids jump on the beds at 11:00 at night till later in the week when we went up on the elevator to see just who was overhead! Not loud - just a little white noise. Room 7101-7108 on the other side of the hall facing the lake would be perfect!

Hope you enjoy your stay at the Contemporary - it's one of our family's absolute favorites anywhere!

Who wants to bet SandraC doesn't make it to 2005 before she goes back to the world! She's hungry for it already! And.....the thought of that LoL tile down there will pull her back too! Ummmm, let's see, I'll bet she'll be back at the world by late 2003 at least. Anyone care to guess?

jennymouse! I laughed so hard when I read your post! I say 2005, but I really think 2004. LOL!

I love planning so at least two years works for me. Three years would be great for saving money. I would like to buy a van and three years of savings MIGHT let be buy a 3-5 year old van cash, I think, I hope, I better start working harder!

I would like to make the next trip a two resort vacation. If the price is right, I'd like the Contemporary and haven't picked the second resort!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! S

Can you guys please tell me where you are finding a map of the CR with the room numbers on it?

Well, I wanted to be close to Main Bldg and close to MK and the rest would have been an added bonus. I had never stayed there before and didn't know much about it.

I ended up with North Wing 7210, I believe, which was facing Magic Kingdom side on the second floor. Even though I had a view of the parking lot, I loved the location for convenience. We were a very short walk to the elevator, very short walk to the laundry (it's on the second floor half way between our room and the elevator), and a very short walk to the Main Bldg and MK (North Wing is closer to MK than South Wing if you want to walk there).

So, my point is the closer you are to the Main bldg, the better because then you'll be closer to the pools and playground anyway.

Those wings are pretty long. If I were you I'd want something BEFORE the Contemporary Lobby. A lower number like 7101 thru 7111.

If you don't mind taking the elevator, then you can also try 7201 thru 7211 and be close to the laundry room.

Prioritize your list and be flexible; good luck!

Personally, we prefer the South Wing (and it's proximity to the pool) over the North Wing. The way the room numbers work are:

1st digit:
5 - South Wing, front (near Tower)
6 - South Wing, back (near lake)
7 - North Wing, front
8 - North Wing, back
2nd digit: Floor Number
3rd & 4th digit: Room Number

Out first trip at the Contemporary was at 5111 (South Wing, near tower, 1st floor). We were steps from the pool right outside our patio. If you can get any number lower than 5111 (odd numbers face pool) you will have a fantastic room. Enjoy.

laurenk -
From the Dis homepage just click on "resort maps" in the column on the left hand side, then click on the "Contemporary". It has a map of the property like the one they give you at check-in but underneath it is the room layout. :)

We were just there last week - we loved it!! We had a view of the playground and it is a short walking distance to the main building (monorail, shops, restaurants) and very convenient walk to the bus stop to get to MGM and Animal Kingdom. Also a nice walk to the pool. Very convenient and would definitely stay there again!!

Lisa

I was just watching our home video of WDW and paid close attention to the CR part. I think the rooms I am looking at are perfect for want we want. I have pool kids and playground kids!

Are these rooms an easy walk to MK. It looks close. THANKS! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter