• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Called to confirm my ressie for tomorrow . . .

TZMOM

DIS Veteran
and was told that it was still in DU travel agent's name. Couldn't "see" it, nothing I can do, etc. Now I KNOW there's a ressie for 2 rooms in my name, since I used DU, but this CM was just not helpful in the least - cranky really - sorry, there's nothing I can do, etc.

Think I should just call back this morning to confirm? I really just want to make sure because I'm taking my parents down as well and would hate for anything to not work out smoothly. It's my Mom's 72nd b'day & their 44th anniversary.

Thanks for any advice . . .

Most definately call back! Keep calling until you get a CM that will help you. I give this advice all the time, and never took it for myself. But, I did when it came to my ressies this year. The first CM wasn't in the mood to help me with my problem. I turned around called back, and got a wonderful CM who helped me with everything. Definately call back!

Good Luck! :cool1:

Pixie Dust to you :wizard:

Chris

As far as I know if you use a TA the reservation belongs to the TA. You CRO cannot help you, you must go throught the TA.

That is true with using a TA, CRO does not owned that reservation but when I called about checking on our reservation the CRO told me that since we booked through AAA that they really were not suppose to give out the information on the reservation but I just asked her nicely if she would please check for me since we had such horrible service through AAA so she did for me..I was really grateful...

Since you are arriving tomorrow, couldn't you call the front desk of the resort directly? Or confirm with DU (are they open on weekends?). If you have written confirmations, I wouldn't worry about it.

Legally the TA owns the reservation, as mentioned above, and WDW is not allowed to discuss teh details with anyone but the TA. I would call them to confirm or request a confirmation letter from the TA if you have not already received one.

Even if you are booked through a Travel Agent, WDW can indeed confirm the reservation for you. They can verify the dates and resort booked, but cannot give you any pricing or other information. You also cannot add any requests or do any modifications.

Call back if you wish to confirm with Disney directly, and if the CM will not assist you ask for guest services. They CAN and should confirm the reservation with you.

Sue Ellen

Should I call and confirm all my AR and ressies? I leave in 27 days. I have not heard anything from my TA. You would think I would have gotten my ME info by now.

If your TA made the Advance Reservations for you, I would call them and ask them to provide you with confirmation numbers for each one of them. That is what my TA always does for us but typically not until about two weeks ahead of time. You can also call and ask Dining to check as they will be in your name but it would be easier just to have you TA give you the confirm numbers. Then when you get to the location, if you have the number they typically will get you in.

And, yes, CRO can look up your ressie even though it is with a TA. If they refuse just keep asking for a supervisor until you get someone who can. The other thing you can do is call the resort directly the morning you are going to arrive. They will be able to pull the ressie up in your name. Your TA should, though, provide you with a confirmation number for your ressie so you have that.

I made the AR for dinner and breakfast myself. I contacted Disneya nd was told they would not send me anything. No letter to my kids no luggage tags. :smooth:

Funny that you all say that CRO can see your reservations. I called this morning to check and make sure my AAA travel agent added our request and the lady I spoke with said that they cannot bring up your file if you book through a TA. I tried going to the website and could not access my file that way, and she said that was because the system is set up so you cannot see your ressie if it is through a TA.

What she *did* tell me was that 5 days out from my arrival date, the hotel will get my reservation and that I should call then and confirm everything with the hotel directly. Dunno why they would rather have me do that than just confirm it with me on the phone, but that is exactly what she instructed me to do.

Hope this helps!

Magicmato, That is exactly what I was told. I did the ADR's myself as well. I think I will be making a call to Guest Services a couple of days out just to make sure that everything is in order.

pamouselover said:
Should I call and confirm all my AR and ressies? I leave in 27 days. I have not heard anything from my TA. You would think I would have gotten my ME info by now.

It's not that unusual that you haven't received your magical express stuff yet. I you haven't received it in the next week, I would call though. I got mine about 20 days before my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter