Called about pin and found out something interesting....

Chloesmom

Mother to Princess Chloe
I just got off the phone inquiring about a discount pin and was told I had nothing attached to my name. The nice CM then asked me what discount I was looking for and I told her the free QSD. She then said thats an open promo to EVERYONE and the only requirements were a minimum 3 night stay and park tickets. She said travel had to be completed by July 3rd and must be booked by March 27. So I booked POP for June 22-28 with QSD and a 7 day PH for $1620.85 with insurance.
I was so excited I got the wrong dates and I didnt want insurance so I need to call back and tweek it but I wanted to pass on the news....

Just called, it was a No Go for us. The CM I spoke to looked up the offer to confirm it is a Pin only offer. :(
We'll stick with September and let the kids miss 3 days of school unless we can get the pin and go in June.

When I called to book our Sept vaca I asked them about a pin they told me that I had one until july 3rd. I told them my friend had one starting Aug 15th and they said that the code had already expired, had it not they would have price matched it and let me have the discount for free QSD in Sept!

I asked her why it wasn't on the website and she said it had to be booked thru them over the phone only. I got my confirmation email and it says "MYW FREE QUICK SRV DINE" and I called back to add the extra days I wanted and remove insurance and they confirmed the free dining on it. Now I have to decide whether to upgrade the dining or keep it like it is.
If I just already had the pin on my name why wouldnt she just say " you have a pin?" She said I had a pin of some sort that expired March 1st but that was it.
Like I said I am not complaining...

I asked her why it wasn't on the website and she said it had to be booked thru them over the phone only. I got my confirmation email and it says "MYW FREE QUICK SRV DINE" and I called back to add the extra days I wanted and remove insurance and they confirmed the free dining on it. Now I have to decide whether to upgrade the dining or keep it like it is.
If I just already had the pin on my name why wouldnt she just say " you have a pin?" She said I had a pin of some sort that expired March 1st but that was it.

That sounds really great! I'd go for it too if my school system would settle on their calendar dates for next year. I'm booked for August but they are now talking of starting 17 days earlier, Sigh.

we called last night an dgot the no go on free dining as well....FRUSTRATING...going easter week and there are NO discounts for that time...Heard they are adjusting the menu prices as well so it would be nice to get free qs dining...praying an angel that wears CM clothes...

this was our 2nd attempt to see if we had a pin code over the phone and no such luck. i got my dh to call this time and the cm he got was nice and they stayed on the phone for about 20 mins. and she also asked him what type of pin code we were looking for and he told her the fdqs and she wanted to know how we knew about it, etc. i think these cms can just say whatever. she told us we had a AP room discount that expired that day. Well, just by experience, i've always been able to book the general public discounts with better deals than the AP! She said you can only get this pin code thru the emails and not by calling on the phone. well, i know that's not true. anyways, i happy for those of you who had luck getting the pin code by calling, it was your lucky day. i'm not giving up, i'm still hoping for it!

Yeah I think the CM you talked to was possibly mis informed or something. If you get the email for the PIN code you can book it online, they provide a link to click on and a different booking area for you to book it.

we called last night an dgot the no go on free dining as well....FRUSTRATING...going easter week and there are NO discounts for that time...Heard they are adjusting the menu prices as well so it would be nice to get free qs dining...praying an angel that wears CM clothes...

We were able to use our AP discount during Easter Week. If you don't have one, it might be worth it to get 1 depending on the resort level that you are booking. I had a pin for free QSD so I changed to that. We are staying Value so the free QSD was a slightly better deal.

I called a few minutes ago with this question and another. The CM very kindly looked up my reservation but told me I was already getting 30% off our room and that was the better deal; however he'd switch it for me if I wanted him to. I obviously declined :rotfl:

OKAY
This morning I got 4 emails from Disney Destinations....:cool1:

Open each one and they are all NOT pins:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: or :eek:

I wish they'd put me out of my misery....:rolleyes1

they were to each of our email addresses, two that said thanks for visit their website ..get your FREE .......drum roll pls................stationary :rotfl:
One that said order maps :confused:
And last was one that went to the ds with.............. a dining reservation :rotfl2::rotfl2:
:eek::eek::worship::worship::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::rolleyes1

The QS pin code is not a general public offer that is just offered over the phone. You clearly had a very misinformed CM who mistook the apparent pin code, which was attached to your name, as a general public offer.

That could be but she looked at my current name and address and said no pin, then looked under my old married name, nope, my old address, nope... found my mom which I have no idea how because she has never been but she has a pin... said there was nothing. We talked for a few more minutes about my friend getting a pin and that's when she asked what type of pin I was looking for exactly. I told her the free dining and the rest " is history". I didn't risk it so I booked it right away because I was afraid I would call back and it would be a no go. It's amazing how the different CMs turn things around...

hmmm...very interesting...different CM's...different outcomes??? lolol

No such luck. I had a very nice CM who stayed on the phone with me for 20 min. She was so nice, I think if anyone could have given me the discount she would have. She said there is no such discount without a pin. She said anytime that they have an offer that is not a pin it immeditely goes on the website. I think the couple of you that got it just got really lucky, but I'm happy for you! :yay:
As for me I'll just keep prayin' for free QSDP pin :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter