Call your shot (NBA)

Sorry...I think the Bay Area is the only place that actually wants the Warriors to win.
Surprise surprise. Houston is rooting for the Raptors. Nobody but Chicago wanted them to win either. Same goes for most any dynasty. It's jealousy. Fans of all those teams the Warriors crushed over the years finally have their chance to see the Warriors lose. Too bad for most of them their team is already on the golf course and they'll have to live vicariously through a team that isn't theirs.

@disneychrista

I can't believe the number of Warrior fans that add good things about Toronto, while being interviewed - by our reporters -about the finals.

I would not be so balanced and thoughtful.

(One business owner was even pulling for Toronto.)

Last edited:
Surprise surprise. Houston is rooting for the Raptors. Nobody but Chicago wanted them to win either. Same goes for most any dynasty. It's jealousy. Fans of all those teams the Warriors crushed over the years finally have their chance to see the Warriors lose. Too bad for most of them their team is already on the golf course and they'll have to live vicariously through a team that isn't theirs.

I have said this before but I don't agree that it exists simply because of jealousy/dynasty.

I certainty didn't feel that way, and many didn't, about other dynasties and teams with multiple wins.

What is the talk out there about the move from Oakland to San Francisco?

Mixed I would guess, eh? Excited about the new arena (my SIL has told me it has had its day sort of speak) but lots of opposing thoughts in Oakland?

Curious.

What is the talk out there about the move from Oakland to San Francisco?

Mixed I would guess, eh? Excited about the new arena (my SIL has told me it has had its day sort of speak) but a ton of thoughts in Oakland?

Curious.

There is some San Francisco hate in Oakland. They won't be too pleased. One writer was using such grandiose terms as the Warriors sold their soul.... HAHAHAHA yeah right. The players won't be overjoyed at having to cross the bridge. But I think they will manage. The main thing I've heard is the average Joe will be priced out. But the average Joe is being priced out anyway most everywhere and would be whether they stayed in Oakland or not. Personally, I think Oakland should have just demolished their stadium and arena and built new ones right where the old ones were. You can't see it because the stadium now blocks the view thanks to Al Davis, but when it didn't, there was a beautiful view of the hills in the back ground. It was a great place to watch a ball game back in its day. I doubt the Raiders would have stayed because well, they're the Raiders. But I'm pretty sure they could have kept the Warriors and the A's would have new digs built just for baseball. Return the view of the hills and get the stands closer to the field.

You can't talk smack AND say sorry! :laughing: ;)
Not really talking smack just rooting for my "home" team.

I totally get why so many want to see Toronto win. It the same thing with the Patriots in the Super Bowl. It is not that we want the OTHER team to win, we just don't want the Patriots to.

Allot has been said about the fan initial reaction to KD’s injury, most very negative..

I’ve yet to see this mentioned and thought that it was worth sharing.

This is a page set up by fans as an apology to KD. It is self explanatory - if you click on the yellow link out of curiosity, you will find that over $20,000 has been raised so far.

I’d like to think that this is more in keeping with the sportsmanship felt by Raptors fans.

https://sorrykd.com/
We The North.

The main thing I've heard is the average Joe will be priced out.

Thanks for giving me a glimpse into how people are reacting.

I have been thinking about the impact on Oakland in general.

As for the above quote -

I have had multiple tickets, every year, since 95'. But in the last year or two I have felt priced out here as well. Sad, but what can you do!?

My SIL, niece/nephew have come up to follow the Ducks to Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto. And then my niece came up again for another Leafs game. They also see the Angels regularly. They can not fathom Toronto prices on either sport. I was surprised being that it is Southern California.

Our owners, MLSE, have been giving out wristbands for possibly opening the ACC (Scotiabank Arena -sad to type it) due to awful weather.

Hey here's a concept MLSE -

You should have made plans to open the damn thing tonight regardless. They went on about how it is tradition to have outside viewing.

Disingenuous nonsense.

Insert swear words here.

:drinking1

Our owners, MLSE, have been giving out wristbands for possibly opening the ACC (Scotiabank Arena -sad to type it) due to awful weather.

Hey here's a concept MLSE -

You should have made plans to open the damn thing tonight regardless. They went on about how it is tradition to have outside viewing.

Disingenuous nonsense.

Insert swear words here.

:drinking1

MTS Bell place (where the Jets play) is being opened up for tonight’s game. I say it’s a little too late to be joining the bandwagon but it’s for a good cause. They are encouraging everyone to bring a tin for the bin.

I have a meeting tonight but I will be home in time for puck drop..um..tip off.

You can't talk smack AND say sorry! :laughing: ;)
Awww c'mon - sure she can! There's nothing WE THE NORTH like better than a good apology! ;)
MTS Bell place (where the Jets play) is being opened up for tonight’s game. I say it’s a little too late to be joining the bandwagon but it’s for a good cause. They are encouraging everyone to bring a tin for the bin.

I have a meeting tonight but I will be home in time for puck drop..um..tip off.
Close enough...for the Stanley Cup of basketball! :rotfl2:

Nice!

We are not opening. So many words. And they are all precious.

Awww c'mon - sure she can! There's nothing WE THE NORTH like better than a good apology! ;)

Close enough...for the Stanley Cup of basketball! :rotfl2:

:laughing::thumbsup2 On both.

We have Jurassic Park 2 downtown Montreal , like the other night. They kept it closed down after the Grand Prix, put up the big screens. I’m telling you the bars made out like bandits this past week 👍

We also are expecting bad weather. I guess they will just hop inside the bars lol
A little worried for them going crazy after the win 😏, so I’m staying home on my sofa.

We have Jurassic Park 2 downtown Montreal , like the other night. They kept it closed down after the Grand Prix, put up the big screens. I’m telling you the bars made out like bandits this past week 👍

We also are expecting bad weather. I guess they will just hop inside the bars lol
A little worried for them going crazy after the win 😏, so I’m staying home on my sofa.
This is what I find so confusing - why trash your own town in celebration?!? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter