Call Center Locations

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
A couple of days ago I was calling to make a dining reservation. Towards the end of the call I asked the operator if he was in the Orlando or the Tampa Call Center. He said that he was in Kansas City.

He normally does Disney Catalog, but when they are light and CRO/Dining are overloaded some of the calls are taken by the Catalog people.

A) And this is news or rumor how?

B) I'm shocked he actually told you his location....call center agents are usually trained to never reveal their locations (security issues).

It's news that a call center has an overflow?

Man it's slow around here....

It's news that a call center has an overflow?
This very common in the Credit Card industry.

I used to do training for First USA in Lake Mary, FL and when the other call centers got deluged, or had a bomb threat, fire, etc., calls would get rerouted to us.

Man it's slow around here....
Yes, I agree all the boards have been slow lately.

B) I'm shocked he actually told you his location....call center agents are usually trained to never reveal their locations (security issues).

What is the security issue?

He normally does Disney Catalog, but when they are light and CRO/Dining are overloaded some of the calls are taken by the Catalog people.

Does anyone know if these call center agents are disney employees or is this an outsource arrangement? I'm thinking Disney would outsource their catalog.

That said... I wonder if WDW is considering passing all their PS reservation line to Kansas.... next step an off-shore call center.

This happened in my company...where a large portion of our calls are managed in India.

Not trying to start a rumor.... but would be terribly concerned if WDW outsourced its call centers...

I believe there are at least some Disney employees at the call center. If you look at the disney careers website it occasionally lists positions in Overland Park, Kansas, where I live.

Used to werk in a call center. Not affiliated with Disney. It was actually a internet call center.
THere are always times where call volumes were queuing in the hundreds so we would traffic the calls to another location.
It is possible and it is done. You really have no idea what goes into a call center until you actually werk in one.

I did ask a CM where they were located, actually numerous times, and they were happy to tell me the town/City...
As far as security goes We were unable to give EXACT ADDRESSES
of the center. Hours and town was ok.
And I did ask about being disney Employees. One said that they do not outsource (must have alot of agents).....our center had 2 outsourced places and at one time 3.
And they are all true, disney bread employees.

I setup call centers so I hear you. The rules I've always heard was agents are NOT supposed to give out any information regarding where they are...but I guess your mileage may vary and some companies are ok with the City and or State.

I worked at CRO for Disney. We were allowed to tell the guests where we worked at but only the town. We were never allowed to say exactly where though.

There was just an ad in Sundays paper, Disney is hiring call center associates in Tampa. Now they are offering "competitve pay"....hopefully more than the $7.00 per hour I'd seen a few months back.
P.S. I know where they are too! Why so secretive? Do they think crazed Disney fans will push their way through the doors demanding lower room rates?

I *had* to boot this back up...I've worked in a call center for 18 years...we have centers in St Louis and Dallas and there's a secret machine (JK) that routes the calls to whatever center has an available agent. It's a 'virtual call center'. You have no idea where the agent is when you call.

That said, we don't give our street address out but it doesn't really matter if the name of the company is emblazoned on the building 40 stories high, does it???

I wanna work at the DW call center after I retire. But in Tampa????
:crazy:

Hey! What's wrong with Tampa?

My husband has been in the call center industry management for 15 years also, and I was for a little while until I'd had enough...so we know about how the systems work. I just am wondering why it is a topic on a board. How boring?

Disney outsources thousands of inbound telemarketing to 3rd party companies, I know this because a company in WI advertises for these positions. I don't get why it's an issue though...as long as I pick up the phone and someone answers my question I could care less if it's mIckey himself or an 18 yr old kid working for XYZ Call Center, Inc. in Wichita.

There is a call center for the Disney catalog in Overland Park; my dh worked there for the holidays 9 years ago. He was a Disney employee and his Christmas gift was a free one day park hopper to WDW (a rarity even back then). Kansas is actually a popular state for call centers -- Kansans don't have a noticeable accent and are friendly people. I know that just here in Wichita, we have a Spiegels call center, a Carnival cruise call center as well as a Sprint call center. Just a little trivia...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter