California to Florida repositioning cruise

California to Florida vacation question?

• Visiting Disneyland before the cruise

• Visiting Disney World after the cruise

• Visiting DL before & WDW after the cruise

• We will be doing the cruise only!

Results are only viewable after voting.

rsschneck

<font color="lime">DIS Party Bus Queen </font>
There are a lot of DISer's going on the cruise. I was just wondering how many are planning to go to Disneyland before the cruise? How many are going to WDW after the cruise? How many are planning to go to DL before and WDW after the cruise.

Of course we have one more option. The cruise only! Two weeks is a long time to take off from work.

Thanks for posting

Since we live 65 miles from DLR we go there on average about twice a month, every month, year in, year out. :teeth: So going before the cruise is like "eh." :smooth:

As for WDW, after spending 2 weeks of vacation on the cruise, we can't take the required 5 extra days (in our way of doing WDW) in order to do the WDW parks. Plus hubby is sooooo burned out on WDW, it would take SEVERAL new e-ticket rides to get him to even consider the idea.

We are however thinking of flying back home to CA on Monday Sept 5, two days after we land in Port Canaveral.

More than likely we'll stay at our timeshare in Orlando for two nights, and we'll probably do Discovery Cove on Sunday. That just sounds so much more relaxing than running around theme parks like headless banshees. :rolleyes:

How about "I don't know yet"? I am thinking that going out the day before is a good idea, but whether I go to DL or not, I haven't decided. I may stay in FL a couple of more days after, but again, it's way too early to know.

Here is my real answer, no DL, but I will be staying at Castaway Cay untill someone notices me missing from the ship.

As a native Californian now living in Florida, this will be like a homecoming for us. Grew up on DL until the 90's and now WDW is home for us! So we will go back to our "roots" on this one.

As a sidenote, when we lived in Ca we went to the DL 25th Anniversary. As part of that celebration they had two turnstiles to get in. The first one let you into the park. The second, right behind it, gave you a "ticket" that was redeemable for a free gift. Most were for a box of popcorn, soda, etc. One that we got was for a free admission to the park. We never redeemed that one, and my son in California still has it. Wonder what it would get on EBay??

We're definately doing DL before the cruise. We've never been there. Hopefully we'll get 4-5 nights in. I'd like to squeeze LegoLand in too. I'd like to see even more of California but that will have to wait for next time.

We're going to do 1 or 2 nights at WDW after. We want to get a quick look at the new things that are being added for the celebration.

Jess

Having never been to Disneyland OR Disneyworld, I would LOVE to be able to do a day or two at each, but my son will already be missing the first two days of 2nd grade. There will be a LOT for me to do when we get home and don't really want to be TOTALLY exhaisted from just spending a day at Disneyworld.

We are planning on spending at least 2 days in CA before the cruise, definitely going to Disneyland, maybe trying to get to legoland (my son is OBSESSED with everything lego!!)

Since we will be with our 3 year old, we have heard that Disneyland is not as much "work" as Disneyworld, so it will be a good meter to judge just how ready we are for it!! We had planned on waiting until she was 4 or 5 until we went for the Disneyworld vacation!!

We are definately doing DL before the cruise. I visited back in 1974 and DH has never been there. He says he wants to ride the Matterhorn in the worst way. (Would "the worst way" be standing on your head? Ha Ha) (I was just beating all you other smarty pants to the punch!!)

I am sooo excited about this upcoming cruise and I am thrilled to see so many fellow DISers will be sailing along too!!!

IF I can convince my boss, my DH would like to take THREE weeks for this trip. We live in the Toronto area, and he has relatives on the west coast (Vancouver, BC). We've never gone out to visit them, but they've come East to see all the relatives here.

His latest idea is to fly from Toronto to Vancouver, spend only a few days with the relatives, and then fly from Vancouver to L.A.

Sounds good to me as long as it really is only a few days in BC and at least THREE days for Disneyland:Pinkbounc

Arlene

We live 20 minutes with no traffic from DL, so we'd love to meet some of you there prior! (have APs).

The work (school year) begins for me the day after labor day, so we'll probably stay at WDW for just one night and fly home on Sunday. It would be too close for comfort to fly back to CA on Labor Day and maybe miss the first day for teachers of the new school year.

Can't believe how exciting this is!!!

Barbara

We are hoping to fly out to CA on the Wednesday before the cruise so that we can get to see DL again. We were there for the 30th Anniversary Celebration in 1985. Not sure, but we might try to get to WDW for one day after the crusie, since that will be Labor Day Weekend, I won't have to be back to work until the Tuesday after the cruise.

We are going to have to fly into CA on Fri. The cruise starts in the middle of our work week. Our boss will have a hemorrhage if we take many more days off. We only work 26 weeks a year as it is.
Shucky Darns.... At least we are getting to go...

::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo
Patty Misti

My DH would LOVE to go to WDW after we get off the repo cruise but we will be gone almost a month already and i would like to fly right home and get the kids ready for school which will start right after Labor Day.
He said, he would like to see Sleeping Beauty Castle in DL and say goodbye to it before we board on cruise and say hello to Cinderella castle in WDW. I like the idea, but i think it would be a bit much. :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter