California Grill with young Children?

Of course, bring the kids. Everybody else does. WDW is the perfect place to take very young children to upscale and expensive restaurants for fine dining. The WDW bars are very friendly places for kids, too.

Look, it is Disney so there are kids everywhere and children are welcome. However, I think it depends on your kids. This is a finer dining restaurant so if you know your kids cannot keep still for 1 1/2 hour meal or behave appropriately then wait a bit to go there with them. It is not appropriate for kids to be out of their seats or yelling in this place as I am sure you know already. However, if your kids are used to dining out and can behave and sit then I see no issue with it at all. Go to an earlier reservation so they are not tired and enjoy!

No!!! Please don't take small children to Cali. Parents (me included) always see their children as little angels and they totally ignore annoying behavior, especially at DW. At Pinocchio house it is fine but not at a signature restaurant. Children don't want to sit still for 90 minutes. Why make them when you can go to t-rex, chef mickey, ohana, etc. I am not amused when your poor child throws up next to my chair. I don't want to watch a child teeter in his chair while sitting backward. I like music not whining, crying during my meal. I would be sad that no one cares about his health or safety if a small child was crawling around under my feet and fell asleep.

I would say, as long as your children are well behaved & you are good about handling it if they are not well behaved, go for it. :) I also agree that 5:20 is a great time to bring kids.

Totally agree! We usually make reservations for about 5:30 and have absolutely no problem with young, well- behaved children. Children whose parents are not concerned about how other people's experience may be affected are another story.

Really depends on your kids. My wife and I are classified "old parents" having a 4 year old when we near 40. So, our daughter is forced in regular non-Disney white cloth type dinners. That said, this place is totally for kids or should I say kid friendly. The fun part is exposing the kids to new foods and a great view of EPCOT and Magic Kingdom. So much so, the dessert was perfect for our daughter:

484794_10200934610240481_991608278_n.jpg

Rice Krispie Treat Sushi, fruit roll up wrap, Swedish Gish with chocolate dipping for Wasabi! My daughter, Sarah, loves Sushi now!

I took my 4-year old last Fall and we had a great experience. He loved seeing the castle from our table and then the fireworks were amazing during our dessert.

Really depends on your kids. My wife and I are classified "old parents" having a 4 year old when we near 40. So, our daughter is forced in regular non-Disney white cloth type dinners. That said, this place is totally for kids or should I say kid friendly. The fun part is exposing the kids to new foods and a great view of EPCOT and Magic Kingdom. So much so, the dessert was perfect for our daughter:

484794_10200934610240481_991608278_n.jpg

Rice Krispie Treat Sushi, fruit roll up wrap, Swedish Gish with chocolate dipping for Wasabi! My daughter, Sarah, loves Sushi now!

So cute, I am sure my kids would love this! Thanks for sharing;)

No!!! Please don't take small children to Cali. Parents (me included) always see their children as little angels and they totally ignore annoying behavior, especially at DW. At Pinocchio house it is fine but not at a signature restaurant. Children don't want to sit still for 90 minutes. Why make them when you can go to t-rex, chef mickey, ohana, etc. I am not amused when your poor child throws up next to my chair. I don't want to watch a child teeter in his chair while sitting backward. I like music not whining, crying during my meal. I would be sad that no one cares about his health or safety if a small child was crawling around under my feet and fell asleep.

Ok, I get why some people don't like having kids around at a place like Cali Grill and I can see a child getting bored during a long meal, but I can assure I am not one of those parents who tolerates that kind of behaviour from my children no matter where I am. My kids have never acted like that in any restaurant and if they ever have, I assure you, we would leave immediately. I don't see my children as "little angels" but neither do I consider them monsters so I think your perception on children is a little skewed. Yes there are bad parents out there who don't care about their children's behaviour but I think it is unfair to generalize. Sorry.

Yeah, but the problem is if you go to the expense of spending a fortune to put your kids in a kids club and you go the the restaurant and find loud, obnoxious kids screaming and throwing food.

People going to Disney have kids and they are taking them to the restaurants no matter how they act.

I've been to Yachtman Steakhouse and seen kids screaming, running, bumping into my table but since the 3 groups of parents were spending a fortune on drinks and bottles of wine nobody cared.

We would all like a quiet, adult dinner atmosphere but you just better not count on it at any Disney restaurant except V & A.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter