• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Grill question

AlixaLock

DIS Veteran
Alright, I know that no one will have a definitive answer to this, but someone might have a similar prior experience or informed opinion...

We have a 7:45 pm reservation for California Grill on Friday, February 1. I was actually really excited to book this once the refurb was rescheduled to begin on February 2nd, but not I am having second thoughts. My first (probably paranoid) worry is that they will suddenly decide to close the place early and I won't have an ADR that night. Honestly, this is not my greatest concern because as of today, 12 days out there is tons of dining available due to relatively low crowds.

MY real concern is will the food be up to par! Or will they be cleaning out the fridge while our back is turned watching Wishes. I keep wondering if supplies will be limited on certain items etc ... Anyone have thoughts on this??

I hope neither will be the case. I've had a 7:30 reservation that night since I figured out months ago, and long before they announced, that the January 6 date was postponed to February 2nd.

Actually, had I thought about it more, I might have scheduled a much later ADR in order to take home souvenirs from the restaurant that they wouldn't mind giving away late on the last night-stuff like menu covers and such that will surely be replaced during the refurb.

They aren't going to close it early. Too much time has already gone into scheduling employees, deliveries, etc for the restaurant. Not to mention the problem of rescheduling contractors and subcontractors for the refurb itself.

They are a professional kitchen. The executive chef knows down to the celery stick how much food they need to have on hand. It's not the same as you cleaning out your fridge the day before you go on vacation. You will be able to order anything on the menu.

Thanks, everyone for your reassurances, very appreciated! Honestly, I know that the EC at the CG is a professional chef and that they won't be cleaning out the fridge ... I was mostly just kidding about that part. 12 days out and I am at that stage where there is nothing left to do but (over) contemplate the details.

We'll also be there that night. I was wondering a bit too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter