California Grill and Wishes

bdarling

Mouseketeer
I have 2 ADRs for California Grill and of course my budget has me cancelling one.

The first is for our first night at Disney and is for 9:20 on Sunday. Wishes is at 9. Can we arrive at 8:30/8:45 in time to see it before we are seated for dinner? We will be arriving very late Friday night and staying with my sister-in-law's until Sunday check in time. Then they will be with us for dinner and the fireworks. I also have a Artist Point reservation at 7:20 for this Sunday too, if we don't do Cali this day.

The second is for brunch for the following Sunday. That is the day we are moving locations. We need to check out by 10, then our reservation is for 11:30. There is valet with the brunch, so we should have no problems making it there in time with our car. We will get entrance to come back to see Wishes in the evening, I understand. The plan is for me and my DD to use some late timed booked FP+ after brunch and tour one of the parks for the afternoon, then return to meet my DH at Cali for 9PM wishes. He will be checking us into the new location and relaxing for the day.

I like either one because we will have the car and get GET OUT quickly!

Which plan seems more reasonable?

You can arrive early to see Wishes from the terrace. Either plan seems good to me, though my gut says, and I'm not sure why, that the second option is the better choice.

You can arrive early to see Wishes from the terrace. Either plan seems good to me, though my gut says, and I'm not sure why, that the second option is the better choice.

I agree. Arrival days can be hard to plan. A late meal is a commitment and if you all are tired, all bets are off.

Agree with PPs, the plan for Sunday seems better.
One caveat, yes you get either valet or (for us) parking in the check in lot, but it's only for 3 hours. If you overstay, it is my understanding is that you are charged the $25 valet fee...
But personally I think your first night you will probably be toast and maybe not up to a gourmet meal.
No matter which you decide, have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter