California Grill ADR fireworks timing?

Coconuts

DIS Veteran
I have 3 different nights and ADR times for CG on our upcoming trip. They are 7:30, 8:50, and 9:15. We obviously want to watch the fireworks. My first choice would be the 9:15 ADR because that is the actual night of our 20th anniversary. The fireworks timing our entire trip is 9:00. Can we check in early, like 8:30 and drink at the bar so we could see fireworks before being seated? And if we can't see the fireworks with the after 9pm ADR, which of the other 2 times would you recommend?

Oh wait and just realized the night with the 8:50 ADR is a MNSSHP night so I'm not sure about when the fireworks would be that night.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
I would pick one of the earlier times. it'll give you time to relax and enjoy your meal without worrying you might miss the firework show. For party nights the fireworks are at 10pm instead of 9pm

I have 3 different nights and ADR times for CG on our upcoming trip. They are 7:30, 8:50, and 9:15. We obviously want to watch the fireworks. My first choice would be the 9:15 ADR because that is the actual night of our 20th anniversary. The fireworks timing our entire trip is 9:00. Can we check in early, like 8:30 and drink at the bar so we could see fireworks before being seated? And if we can't see the fireworks with the after 9pm ADR, which of the other 2 times would you recommend?

Oh wait and just realized the night with the 8:50 ADR is a MNSSHP night so I'm not sure about when the fireworks would be that night.

Thanks for any input.
Yes, you may check in early, they will then allow you to go to the viewing platform to watch the fireworks.
While the fireworks are happening they actually dim the lights at the restaurant, music is piped in and no one is actually seated at that time. So you would be good for a romantic post fireworks anniversary dinner!
Enjoy!

With Wishes leaving, it might be a non issue. We secured the perfect ADR time for our trip next week but with the new show being heavy On projection, we are not expecting the same caliber showing from CG. We will report when we return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter