California Disney Dining

vellamint

DIS Veteran
I called today (60 days out) for a reservation in August and was told they cannot take it yet - "call back next week"..does this make any sense to anyone.....I thought 60 days out was 60 days out - or 30 days out was 30 days out....not 53 days out:confused:

Anyone?

Thanks.

I've caLLED 4 TIMES now! The first time I called 60 days out, I was told I could only make one ressie for that first day because it was the only one 60 days out. So I waited 3 days and called back. Then I was told that the 2 restaurants that I wanted to make reeesies for weren't up on the computer yet, to call back in a week. In a week I was told that the restaurants in the parks couldn't take ressies for a couple of weeks yet. I don't know wheather to waste another long distance call or not!! My biggest fear is that when I do call back, they won't have any ressies left for that days I need!!!

Priority Seating is usually 30 days out @ Disneyland, & some are 60, and it's not like at WDW, where you call first thing in the morning to get the restaurant you want at the right time. The ones I'd recommend calling ahead on are Goofy's Kitchen, Blue Bayou, and definitely Fantasmic Dessert Buffet (w/credit card for that one). The others are usually easily available.

I called for our 60 day out for Goofy's Kitchen and had no problem at all. The thing that struck me is your name is your ressie number. We also got Blue Bayou and Storyteller's breakfast at 60 days out. I know Fantasmic Dessert and tours are 30 days out.

We got Blue Bayou and ESPN Zone 50+ days out, no problem. And I got the number from here. Actually when I called Blue Bayou, they only had one PS left for the time we wanted.

Well I called again today and was able to get Goofys Kitchen 60 days out but still no BB for the day before....oh well.

Yeah, DL's Ps system is wierd. When we called for PS for April, they told us we did not need PS for Plaza Inn. Then when we get to Plaza Inn, the hostess asks us if we have a reservation? Wha???:confused:

Anyway, we will call for our PS for Plaza Inn in December and see what they tell us then.

princess:

You need a PS for the character breakfast, just not lunch or dinner.

Hi! It is funny I was looking for this thread, but could not find it. Thanks for bumping it up henduck. I remembered reading about someone having trouble making some ps's at 60 days or so out. I just called last Monday for Granville's Steakhouse and Blue Bayou. It was about 55 or so days away and I got Granville's, but was told call back in two weeks for Blue Bayou. I, too am afraid that when I call, there will be no more reservations. Like you vellamint, I thought that this was wierd because that would be less than 60 days but more than 30 from my trip. Strange! Maybe I will try again this weekend, if they are open and see what they tell me.

Vellamint: We are from Long Island too and really looking forward to this trip to Disneyland, as I am sure you are. I hope you have a great time!! Did you ever get your Blue Bayou ps? I hope so. Have fun!!:D

speaking stictly about non-character meals:

The only time I have wished I had a PS for Storytellers was Thanksgiving evening... the line was out the door with people who HAD PS's!!!.... We got a PS for Easter Sunday, and didnt need it.

The Plaza Inn is counter service, full meals, great chicken ... no dinner PS needed (if its even available), unless you want to attend the daily birthday party they have.

The Blue Bayou does necessitate a PS phone call, but I have made them the same day. On Mothers day, we called the day before, and had no problem.

overall, I do not feel that you need to plan every meal like you do at wdw. Thanksgiving is the ONLY time that I have not been able to get a table at a sit-down restaurant without a PS.....

but maybe I'm just lucky :)

We got a same day ps at BB (dinner) on Mother's Day, and next day at Goofy's Kitchen (brunch) on Father's Day, so I wouldn't stress too much about those. From what I gather, the only really hard ones to get are for the Fantasmic desert buffet, because the seating is so limited. I'll probally never know firsthand, cause at $50 pp I just can't justify the cost.

I just called to make reservations for September and this is what Jason at Disney dining told me. For reservations inside the park it is sometimes less than 60 days if you are calling before they have the hours for the park in the computer. Example, I was trying to make reservations for the birthday party at Plaza Inn for September 10 which he at first told me I could but then found out that since that is a different season than what they were in now he could not make those. I assume it would have been the same for Blue Bayou. He was able to make Goofy's and PCH Grill with no problem and it is more than 60 days out for our trip. So it looks like for dining outside the park you can even do it a little more than 60 days out, inside the park seems to vary from 30-45 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter