Cali Grill - Wine Room

raph_b

<font color="red">Proud Redhead</font>
Can you tell me more about this?

I've only just heard about it. Does anyone have any pics?

Is it possible to book it up?

No pics, but unless it is booked in advance for a private affair, you just ask to be seated in there when you get to the CG. Sometime, if CG isn't really busy, the room is closed.
Nothing very special about it except they store some of thier wine in there--hence the name. The view is NOT a MK view. The main attraction is that it is somewhat removed from the general hustle and bustle of the main CG dining room.
We never ask for it, but have been seated in there (at random) at least 3 times.

We ate in the Wine Room in February. It is very quiet in there compared to the main dining room which my husband and I enjoyed. We had a table with a very nice view of Epcot and Spaceship Earth. We weren't there long enough to see any of Illuminations.
We also were placed there at random. I would definitely request this room again as the main dining room is very noisy but not enough to keep me from eating there again. The food is terrific.

We ate in the Wine Room in February. It is very quiet in there compared to the main dining room which my husband and I enjoyed. We had a table with a very nice view of Epcot and Spaceship Earth. We weren't there long enough to see any of Illuminations.
We also were placed there at random. I would definitely request this room again as the main dining room is very noisy but not enough to keep me from eating there again. The food is terrific.

Ooooh does this means you can see Illuminations from there? We will miss it on our trip but are having an adults only meal at California Grill, with an ADR of 8.00 we plan to get there a bit earlier and watch Wishes from the observation deck but it would be nice if we could at least get a look of what Illuminations is like.

Kirsten

We've been seated in the wine room several times. You can sort of see the Epcot ball in the far distance. I don't know if you can see Illuminations. We always go later. If you can, it's a very, very distant view.

Lately, the wine room hasn't been very quiet. There are have been large and noisy families seated in there.

To confirm what ElizabethB has said--being in the wine room does not guarantee a quiet meal. We've also seen tables with quite a few kids in there the times we've dined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter